Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Is my iBook battery toast??

Is my iBook battery toast??
dennett
Forum Regular
Sep 16, 2003, 01:03 AM

I've got one of the early white iBooks, bought in 6/01. Its battery suddenly only lasts about 10 or 15mins with a registered full charge. Is it time to buy a new one or does anyone have any ideas to recapture any of its capacity?? Thanks!

engaged
Location: Close to the sea and a place with a big, big castle...
Sep 16, 2003, 06:38 AM

Originally posted by dennett:
I've got one of the early white iBooks, bought in 6/01. Its battery suddenly only lasts about 10 or 15mins with a registered full charge. Is it time to buy a new one or does anyone have any ideas to recapture any of its capacity?? Thanks!
Time to buy a new one. Your iBook is five months older than mine, and I have had exactly the same problem; battery lasted for ten minutes or so before sudden death.

I bought a new battery a month ago, but only use it when I know I'll be using the iBook as a laptop - it spends most of the time mated to the AC with the old battery still in there as a quasi-UPS!

dennett  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 17, 2003, 01:07 AM

Thanks for the reply, I figured as much. What is the best way to make iBook/PowerBook batteries last??

Forum Links
Forum Rules