Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Powerbook trackpad driver

Powerbook trackpad driver
szsiddiq
Forum Regular
Nov 12, 2006, 09:34 PM

Does anyone think they can rewrite the driver for the powerbook trackpad? I want something similar to SideTrack's ability to add tapping corners. I want the ability to have 4-6 active tapping buttons along the bottom strip of the trackpad.

does anyone think they can do this?

ive no programming experience...im a mechanical engineer, working on a mod for me 12"pb.
lemme kno wut u think!

WJMoore
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 13, 2006, 06:30 AM

I think your best bet would be to put forth a well constructed feature request to the SideTrack developer.

Its OT but care to elaborate on your PB mod?

szsiddiq  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 13, 2006, 03:48 PM

lol, ill tell more as i get closer to finishing (which is getting delayed due to a lack of funding, spare parts, waiting for ordered parts, and, of course, a full time load of Mechanical engineering courses).

I spoke with the developer already. he was nice enough to give me some details, but made it clear he wasnt interested in adding such features at this time. he said the reprogramming of his own driver would take 1-2weeks though, if anyone wants to try it. Tho his code isnt open source, and he's no intention of lisencing it out.
O well!

Forum Links
Forum Rules