Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Any success with ical Icon?

Any success with ical Icon?
@pplejaxkz
Senior User
Apr 10, 2008, 10:12 AM

I've looked around the forum and have found a couple threads on this. But they weren't directly pinpointing what I am experiencing. I don't care about the date that is displayed because it already shows the correct date.

I have tried 2 ways of changing my ical Icon; 1 by using Candybar, and 2 by simple copy and past in the "Get info" dialogue. Both of which only change the icon for a split second upon log in. Then they simple revert back to Red default icon.

The icon in my "Applications" folder is changed to the icon I want. And when I simply drag and drop onto my Dock it reverts back.

Has anyone successfully changed the ical Icon through Candybar or another way? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

---------
Thread 1 Thread 2

Heavy Fluid
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 10, 2008, 10:32 AM

Try a program called iConiCal. As long as you leave iCal open, the correct date will show in the dock.
In a barrier free world, who needs Windows™ and Gates?

@pplejaxkz  (op)
Senior User
Apr 10, 2008, 02:35 PM

Thanks Heavy Fluid!, I had a different icon that I wanted to use, but this will actually work for now. If anyone else has any luck using their own icons for iCal I'd love to hear.

Heavy Fluid
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 10, 2008, 06:01 PM

Oh man, I tried a different icon, but it never seemed to stick. I had the problem just like you did. That is the only reason that I suggested what I did.
In a barrier free world, who needs Windows™ and Gates?

Forum Links
Forum Rules