Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > MS Intellimouse problem...

MS Intellimouse problem...
worldwearyeyes
Forum Regular
Mar 15, 2005, 12:55 PM

The mouse works fine with the exception of the two side buttons (Back and Forward) and the "click button" on the wheel. I downloaded the software (5.1), but when I open up the MS mouse application, it doesn't even recognize that I have a MS mouse, much less the wireless intellimouse.

Am I missing something here?? I've read a couple mac reviews of the mouse, and they don't seem to have this problem. Thanks...

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Mar 15, 2005, 02:42 PM

Originally posted by worldwearyeyes:
The mouse works fine with the exception of the two side buttons (Back and Forward) and the "click button" on the wheel. I downloaded the software (5.1), but when I open up the MS mouse application, it doesn't even recognize that I have a MS mouse, much less the wireless intellimouse.

Am I missing something here?? I've read a couple mac reviews of the mouse, and they don't seem to have this problem. Thanks...
I had that problem, too.
Do you use the old IntelliExplorer Mouse, with the large side buttons ?

It doesn't work on new Macs, not even on new PC's, like my work Dell.
Probably something with the USB specs. It's too bad, I have two of these mice, and they will only work with my iBook (2002), not my Mac mini.

The new IntelliExplorer Mice with smaller side buttons and tilt wheel do work though.

-t

worldwearyeyes  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 15, 2005, 03:59 PM

Probelm solved. I found an old copy of the Intellipoint software (3.1), and now the mouse works perfectly. The model is the Wireless Intellimouse Explorer (NOT 2.0). Odd that it would be incompatible. Oh well, if anyone needs a copy of the old software, let me know.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Mar 15, 2005, 05:16 PM

Originally posted by worldwearyeyes:
Probelm solved. I found an old copy of the Intellipoint software (3.1), and now the mouse works perfectly. The model is the Wireless Intellimouse Explorer (NOT 2.0). Odd that it would be incompatible. Oh well, if anyone needs a copy of the old software, let me know.
Well, lucky you. I tried the old software, too. Didn't work.

My old wired IntelliExplorer are NOT EVEN RECOGNIZED on my Dell at all. On the Mac mini, it would only be recognized as a standard two-button mouse. WTF ?

-t

Forum Links
Forum Rules