Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > MacOS XP?

MacOS XP?
G0Ducks
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 30, 2005, 09:03 PM

So, I may be the only one left on the planet that actually liked Max's theme, but are there plans for updating it? If it has already been updated, where can I get it?

Thanks,

R

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Nov 30, 2005, 09:29 PM

shouldn't you be asking Max instead of asking us what Max has or will be doing?

G0Ducks  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 30, 2005, 09:48 PM

sheesh..... Im done with these forums... All so damned cold and stuck up. You know, the time it took for you to type that, you could have just answered the questions...

Good by GUI forum...

R

cruciarius
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2005, 10:07 PM

yeah, ask max, not us. he has a website and email address. i'm sure he won't bite if you ask him.

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Nov 30, 2005, 11:15 PM

What are you? 12? In the time it took you to make that post you could have emailed Max and saved us the melodrama...

BlueIce
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 30, 2005, 11:23 PM

I have to agree with G0Ducks on this one. The remark by DJ, though maybe not intended as such, really did come across as snooty and elitist. He asked a simple question and you could have simply responded, "I'm not sure, ask Max." Instead he gets an answer that is flippant and totally insensitive. And what is wrong with asking the community first? Isn't that why the community exists? To help one another out? As I said, I'm with G0Ducks, and I'm heading back to usenet where the occurrence of hospitality, community, and giving a damn are more frequent than anything I have found out on the big 'ol wide web.

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Nov 30, 2005, 11:52 PM

There is nothing wrong with asking the community questions. He was asking the community what another person has or would be doing and no one would have that answer but Max. Instead of 20 useless replies of "I don't know", +1 or "me too" wherein he still didn't have the answer I gave him the direction he should have had himself, especially considering his post count and time on these particularly trite forums. I am neither snobby or elitist...had I intended that I would have alluded to knowing but not telling.....

Hi I'm Mike
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 1, 2005, 01:33 AM

Spook E
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 1, 2005, 07:17 PM

its goodbye not good by

sorry

BlueIce
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 1, 2005, 08:20 PM

DJ, I didn't say you were snobby or elitist, only that your initial response came across that way. I've been hanging around these forums long enough to know that you are not that way, I simply felt that your response was a little cold. I meant you no disrespect and I apologize if I came across a bit harshly myself. The one drawback of the internet is that you can't get across body language or voice inflection; anyway, accept my apologies DJ.

monkeybrain
Mac Elite
Dec 1, 2005, 09:09 PM

I'm with GODucks. Other people might have been interested in the answer too. Or perhaps it would have led to some sort of discussion, but oh well... it's often the case on here; you ask a question and people just question your right to ask it rather than ignoring it or responding politely.

Also, GODucks asked where he can get, which implies he isn't even aware of Max's website.

Makki
Mac Elite
Dec 3, 2005, 03:41 AM

Round the mulberry bush again i see.

Hi I'm Mike
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 3, 2005, 05:32 PM

if he wasn't aware I was just pointing him in the right direction which I think is alright to do. it will help him more on his quest!

qnxde
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 4, 2005, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Makki
Round the mulberry bush again i see.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You can't eat all those hamburgers, you hear me you ridiculous man?

mugget
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 5, 2005, 05:40 PM

has anyone actually sent Max an email yet?

well i just did... so we can finally get this mess back on track soon...

dru
Senior User
Dec 6, 2005, 06:52 PM

This theme is featured in the new MacAddict, btw.
20" iMac C2D/2.4GHz 3GB RAM 10.6.8 (10H549)

Fonzie
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 6, 2005, 07:27 PM

I'm sure Max has already said on his website that there will be no more updates for MacOS XP. Or that he is willing to give up the ThemePark files for someone to use. I suggest people go look around on his website for more information as it has already been stated. This is no oracle.
There's No Offposition On the Genius Switch - David Letterman

mugget
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 6, 2005, 10:51 PM

yep, Fonzie is right.

Max has said that his idea was to hand it over to someone willing to maintain it, he just hasn't had time to look for someone yet. it's not like it's his design anyway, so if anyone wants to maintain it, he'll let them.

btw - that's what he said in reply to my email. how hard was that? not very.

MacDog
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 7, 2005, 12:27 AM

Wow, typical forum attitudes. One person to be a complete arsehole, and several more to tell him it's ok to be an arsehole, and a few to stick up for the poor slob that asked a question at a time when said arsehole had nothing better to do.

Nice.

aristotles
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 7, 2005, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by digitaljames
What are you? 12? In the time it took you to make that post you could have emailed Max and saved us the melodrama...
We know that chronologically you are much older than most of us. I must ask you however, why is the kettle calling the pot black? You expended all this energy in replying with completely unhelpful posts when you could have just PM'ed the guy to tell him to ask Max.

MacDog is right. You are all a bunch of arseholes and suck ups. The guy asked a simple question.
--
Aristotle
15" rMBP 2.7 Ghz ,16GB, 768GB SSD, 64GB iPhone 5 S⃣ 128GB iPad Air LTE

Fonzie
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 7, 2005, 11:59 AM

But wouldn't the most obvious be to to go and look and actually read at Max's website. It seems that some people have the tendency to put all their questions on these forums. Whenever a question pops up in the person's head "OMG.. I gotta post this question". Ofcourse then again each and every one is entitled to post what they feel like to an extent. But please people.. THINK! It's not harmful for you at all. You might even benefit from it.

MacDog
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 7, 2005, 10:11 PM

No offense, but the email address on maxthemes.com is not only hidden in disclaimer text, but on a CRT monitor calibrated for printing, I couldn't even see the dark gray type against the background. Even on my LCD at home I can hardly see it.
The Graphic Mac: Tips, tricks and commentary for design, Adobe and Mac OSX.

G0Ducks  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 8, 2005, 12:28 PM

OK... Here is the thing: I was and am very very aware of Max' site. I did look at his site in hopes of finding what I wanted I even tried to get into his forums, but they are broken. I also went to macthemes.net, but didn't find anything in a very similar search like I did here.

I know how to use google, I know how to use the search functions of our community's sites... The reason I didn't get ahold of Max personally, is because I didn't want to bother him with another email. I thought I could ask this community of people who are in the know about themes and where they are, as far as development and such.

But, alas... I was presented with a snide, rude, "assholistic" comment I thought only reserved for the poor straggler from the windows theme community.
Oh, and of course, I had to be corrected on my spelling of a word too... Awwww, I misspelled a word...Get a life.

You see, when the GUI forums were finally created here, we themers generally supported each other, even in times when their was an apparently base question. However, as all things do, so do the times... Snobs abound here in the GUI forums, it's no wonder that boozo, Swiz, and William Bart hardly show their faces around here anymore. Yeah, I know they are busy, so are we all.

Anyway. I can't stay away, so I'll just ignore/report the people who are anti-social, ignorant, and generally rude.

R

Fonzie
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 8, 2005, 02:03 PM

^How long have you wondered about this particular issue - the MacOS XP one?

I'm sure if Max does not want anymore e-mails concerning his themes and whatnot he would take off his e-mail info on his website.

G0Ducks  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 8, 2005, 04:03 PM

You know... That is a great point.
I am going to email him. I he doesn't want to update, then I will take it as I know how to use ThemePark and I just finished at my University... LOTS of time.

Thank you for the idea.

R

P.S. E-mail sent!

Fonzie
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 8, 2005, 05:25 PM

Great news. I hope you succeed in getting the ThemePark file if that's how it turns out.

Forum Links
Forum Rules