Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Encoding to Flash out of FCP

Encoding to Flash out of FCP
brinkey
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 24, 2006, 08:22 AM

Hi,

I'm using a powermac G5 dual 2.7ghz. For encoding to flash I use the export to .flv in quicktime. A 6 minutes movie made in FCP takes about 40 minutes encoding. Is this normal? Processor speed is set to highest.

btw the sequence is pal anamorphic I'm encoding to 400kbs 560X320
( Last edited by brinkey; Nov 24, 2006 at 08:32 AM. )

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 24, 2006, 01:42 PM

I did some temp work at one point encoding hundreds of movies from Quicktime to Flash FLV, and no, 40 minutes for what you are talking about doesn't sound abnormal at all. I was working on a 2 GHz dual-processor G5 with 4 GB of RAM.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

Xarthan
Jan 4, 2007, 01:47 AM

i found the same thing when exporting to flash in FCP. So long I resorted to exporting to a .mov and using flash video encorder to encode to a .fla
Macbook Pro 2.16 C2D | 2GB | 160 HD
Mac Pro 3.0 | 4GB | 1.5 TB | 30" ACD

skalie
Mac Elite
Jan 4, 2007, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by Xarthan View Post
i found the same thing when exporting to flash in FCP. So long I resorted to exporting to a .mov and using flash video encorder to encode to a .fla
I'm not a FCP user, but I'd guess that method would probably produce the best result at the end of the day, using Flash to produce Flash. The optiimization Flash 8 uses is markedly better than the previous versions, I can only imagine that Flash 9, when released, will be even better.

Forum Links
Forum Rules