Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Maximum size of a spreadsheet in numbers?

Maximum size of a spreadsheet in numbers?
MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2007, 08:44 PM

I just picked up iWork and I'm starting to get a feel for numbers. Being that I'm so used to excel I figured it would be a learning experience, The tool bar looks absolutely barren compared with excel 2007. It does seem a little light feature wise (paste special, lack of a macros etc.) but some of that might be due to my ignorance of it. I want to use it a little more before passing judgement yet but does anyone know the maximum number of rows for the spreadsheet.

Edit: the formatting capabilities of numbers and the templates seems to blow excel out of the water wow. I've just started playing with some of them - impressive.

Sethro
Forum Regular
Aug 10, 2007, 10:02 PM

I'm an Excel user myself and I'm really impressed with Numbers, its my second favorite application second only to iPhoto.
One way to give Numbers a more Excel feel, simply right click on the menu icon bar and select "Customize" and add the features that you want or use most frequently.

Also the "Inspector" which is the hidden powerhouse of Numbers contains an endless amount bells and whistles, you can get to it by clicking

- View
- Show Inspector

* Your right adding formula's is VERY easy, this is the way Excel should have been.
I especially love the "Scale To Page" feature, I've had alot of problems with resizing Excel spreadsheets in the past!

MacosNerd  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2007, 10:42 PM

cool thanks for the info

Forum Links
Forum Rules