Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iCal in Leopard: What improvements have been made?

iCal in Leopard: What improvements have been made?
sc_markt
Forum Regular
Aug 26, 2007, 11:22 PM

Are there any changes/improvements in iCal for Leopard?

Thanks to all who answer,
- Mark

Sethro
Forum Regular
Aug 26, 2007, 11:52 PM

A great deal of new features have been implemented in Leopard, it has a completely new and redesigned user interface.

The Apple site has a whole write up on the changes being made: here is a link: Apple - Mac OS X Leopard - Features - iCal

Macola
Mac Elite
Aug 27, 2007, 01:48 PM

But still no recurring "to dos", which is a basic feature in every other calendaring app...
I do not like those green links and spam.
I do not like them, Sam I am.

jbleisure
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 28, 2007, 11:46 AM

also I would like to see a omnifocus style integrated to do list fetaure....probably something for 10.6?

Meanwhile in 10.5
A great deal of new features have been implemented in Leopard, it has a completely new and redesigned user interface.
You mentioned one feature.where are the great deal of others.they certainly don't seem to be listed on the link to apple's site. Aprt from the gui makeover and the server integration.........that seems to be it.

sc_markt  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 28, 2007, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sethro View Post

The Apple site has a whole write up on the changes being made: here is a link: Apple - Mac OS X Leopard - Features - iCal

I have a few specific "improvements" (in my opinion) that I am looking for.

1) When in month view, the ability to change the background color (to whatever color I want) of a day (or days). This makes it easy to notice important days when you've printed out your calendar and posted it on a wall.
2) When in month view, I want the font of the calendar (or calendars) to print out in the same color as the calendars color in iCal. Currently in iCal, you get a small rectangular box with the color of the calendar in front of the text of the appointments.
3) I'd also like the ability to change the font for any particular appointment in a day (or days) to be italic or underlined, or bolded, or other styles. You can do this with Now up to date. iCal needs it.
4) The ability to add in a graphics picture into the background box of a day when in month view. You can do this with now up to date. It came in handy for my son's baseball as I pasted in baseball pictures for each of his practices and games.

I suspect some of you will suggest buying Now up to date (the next iteration of it is called Nighthawk). I would if it wasn't around $150.00. This is more than Leopard and you get a WHOLE LOT more when you buy 10.5 vs Nighthawk.

- Mark

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 28, 2007, 08:08 PM

jbleisure
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 29, 2007, 09:35 AM

Explain that please.

jbleisure
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 29, 2007, 09:37 AM

I suspect some of you will suggest buying Now up to date (the next iteration of it is called Nighthawk). I would if it wasn't around $150.00. This is more than Leopard and you get a WHOLE LOT more when you buy 10.5 vs Nighthawk.

- Mark
Are you suggesting that tis guy is the sales manager for said software?

CatOne
Mac Elite
Aug 29, 2007, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by jbleisure View Post

Explain that please.
Stands for "This thread is worthless without pictures." Historically, more useful for a thread that could contain nudie pics. In this case, the poster wants Leopard iCal pr0n screenshots instead. Which are readily available if you care to check out Think Secret and Apple Insider (who seem to do not much more than link to each other as "scoops."

I would guess the poster is also a visual learner and incapable of imagining screen shots by just text descriptions

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 29, 2007, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Macola View Post
But still no recurring "to dos", which is a basic feature in every other calendaring app...
Indeed. And could they just call it "Calendar" and lose the silly "iCal" name while they are at it?

OAW

Forum Links
Forum Rules