Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > 9/11: Remembered

9/11: Remembered
CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2004, 08:22 AM

Believe it or not, it has been almost 3 years to the minute when 9/11 happened. I know that some here make like it was insignificant, but 3,000 people died this day 3 years ago because they were "American Devils."
This day forever changed our world. I know that most see this is a terrible day. I wasn't on this board on the 12th in 2001, Hell, I didn't even use a mac, but I can bet even the most zealous mourned on the day. Then again, maybe not. Europe mourned for about a month until they started their America hating again. It seems like many politicians take this threat lightly, but I will not name anyone. Many bring politics in, say Bush knew, and even the AM radio crowd came up with conspiracies, from a bomb under the fuselage to Bush ordering the attacks. Even the little anti-Semites had their conspiracies about Jews not coming into their office (obviously they think that the Jews own everything and wish more died).

At 8:46, let's have a moment of silence (90 seconds) for all of those who were affected by this barbaric behavior.
Also, what was this day like for you?

GBA.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Sep 11, 2004, 08:52 AM

Excellent post CD.

I remember. I'll join you in that moment of silence.

I was sitting at my computer when I received a phonecall from my wife at work. At this time it was still believed that the first plane was a fluke, an errant pilot. The media was still speculating. My wife urged me to flip on the tele. I did and watched for hours in horror-the second plane and the falling of the towers. I picked up a US flag and hung it at my cubicle and at lunchtime bought another one and hung it on our department wall. It still hangs today. I've been listening to talk-radio's rehash of the events and the sounds of the event and it brings tears to my eyes as if it happened yesterday.

Thank you for remembering. Thank you for posting in memorium.
ebuddy

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2004, 09:07 AM

God bless them all and thank you, CD, for this memoriam.

That was a real American and patriotic stand-up thing to do.

angaq0k
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2004, 09:17 AM

On that morning, I was at home, preparing to go to work I listened to the radio and heard that something bizarre was going around New York. I checked cnn on the INternet and the links were very difficult. Then I saw what was wrong.

I ran to the office. I work for an organization that provides counselling worldwide.

We used all our resources to provide debriefings throughout the world, especially in New York, London and Paris.

In Montreal, Toronto and Ottawa as well as Vancouver we were on site for all of the bomb alerts. I was on the phone coordinating the distribution of these resources, sending them for debriefing people on the streets sometimes...

From that day and for the next 2 weeks I was working countless hours to coordinate our efforts to provide resources for trauma debriefing. Some of our clients lost whole departments in WTC...

We had more than 700 staff and affiliates to provide support either in person or over the phone. We even provided a web site with chat and email support.

That was hard. That was difficult.

Afterwards, the backlash started; Muslims were calling for assistance, either from the US or Canada, for they were victimized, blamed for something that only a handful of fanatically misguided souls were doing. Women, children, men. But that did not last long, fortunately.

Then, other people called in: they could not bare to watch the news anymore. People submerged with nightmares of people falling. Anger at America as well; many were blaming America's foreign policies for what happened in New York. No one that I heard of ever forgave Bin Laden for what happened. But none trusted Bush to resolve anything.

I am glad I never watched or listened to the news thereafter.

I had friends on the rerouted flights. I am glad they made it. I feel a lot of sadness though for the people who died on that day, either in the planes, the buildings, or afterwards, with no distinction of nationality or purpose in life.

Terrorism is not a solution, and war is no resolve either, as is demonstrated still today...
"******* politics is for the ******* moment. ******** equations are for ******** Eternity." ******** Albert Einstein

CreepingDeth  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2004, 09:22 AM

Don't see how it was excellent.
Nobody besides the conservatives even cares. You've got some calling us an empire, some a fascist state, others legitimizing terrorism as long as it kills Americans and Jews. It's incredible. Here's how I remember it:

I was in the 7th grade. Everything was fine. I believe we had a spelling test in English. In history, around 10, 3 people got an early dismissal. "Lucky bastards," I thought. No idea what was goin on. 2 more people left, out of a 25 kid class. Off to lunch. Nasty pizza, a few more kids got dismissed and I asked someone what the hell was going on. He didn't know. In science, a couple more had been dismissed. And once I got into Algebra, I asked the well-fed teacher, Mr. McGhee, what was going on. "You'll find out soon," he said. That didn't help. Then a couple of volunteers in the office gave the 7th period (last) class a paper. I remember it going something like "There was in evacuation in D.C." I was like "What the Hell?!" I kept reading it on the bus, trying to see if there were any references to anything specific. None. The bus didn't take me to my house the first week until they offered the transfer bus (for Adv. Math & Science), so I was dropped of at some place by the new 4-way stop. My mom drove up in a convertible, which she had gotten for her birthday. My dad was working as a web architect at Pepsi in upstate NY, making $300,000. So life wasn't bad. The convertible was new, and I saw it for the first time the on the Saturday before. She told me what happened. I was speechless. Now it made sense. We lived within 30 miles of the Pentagon, so the kids were all taken out my the moms to check on their husbands in there. We watched the news for like 5 hours. I broke down in tears when I was in by house. I couldn't believe it. I also worried about my friend's father, who was a Colonel, who still worked there at the time. They announced a school cancelation that night, so I called up my friend, who ironically has the same name as me, to see if his dad was okay. Yes, he was, and I went to stay at his house for the night. We talked about it, as much as anyone at the age of 12 and no political knowledge could. The next day, the day off, my mom came to pick me up. While we were driving, she had a seizure, and we went over the median, Couldn't reach the keys or the wheel with the damn seat belt. We went down a small hill and into a terrace by the house. I saw someone with, what I know think was a Metallica shirt on, call someone. What a wonderful day. Later that week, my dad was laid off. Fantastic. Thanks bin Laden! Hope to see your body thrown out of a plane being shot at. What a week.

I'm working on a little graphic, should be done in an hour. Can I post it here?

CreepingDeth  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2004, 09:24 AM

Originally posted by Cody Dawg:
God bless them all and thank you, CD, for this memoriam.

That was a real American and patriotic stand-up thing to do.
I'm an American, not a Frenchman. Least I could do.

Cox & Forkum has a link on their page to a image montage.

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2004, 09:46 AM

Originally posted by CreepingDeath:
Europe mourned for about a month until they started their America hating again.
Oh gosh, can you please stop that crap. It's starting to become really nerving.

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2004, 09:56 AM

Believe it or not, it has been almost 3 years to the minute when 9/11 happened. I know that some here make like it was insignificant, but 3,000 people died this day 3 years ago because they were "American Devils."
This day forever changed our world. I know that most see this is a terrible day. I wasn't on this board on the 12th in 2001, Hell, I didn't even use a mac, but I can bet even the most zealous mourned on the day. Then again, maybe not. Europe mourned for about a month until they started their America hating again. It seems like many politicians take this threat lightly, but I will not name anyone. Many bring politics in, say Bush knew, and even the AM radio crowd came up with conspiracies, from a bomb under the fuselage to Bush ordering the attacks. Even the little anti-Semites had their conspiracies about Jews not coming into their office (obviously they think that the Jews own everything and wish more died).

At 8:46, let's have a moment of silence (90 seconds) for all of those who were affected by this barbaric behavior.

GBA.
When I saw your name on this post I KNEW there's be a good dose of typical right-wing paranoia mixed in. You're 15 years old and you have it all figured out.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Sep 11, 2004, 10:04 AM

it never ceases to amaze me that no matter how ambiguous you try to be politically in remembering the dead on 9/11, someone will always slip some anti-Bush or anti-America in there somewhere.

How many Muslims can you see celebrating our death in their streets before some backlash occurs?

Knowing that we have Muslim professors still propogating hate in Mosques and colleges in America to this day, I dare say we've not come down hard enough.
ebuddy

CreepingDeth  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2004, 10:04 AM

Paranoia?
Daddy?
Never

Three minutes ago is when the South tower fell. Can you imagine that? Someone 20 feet away jumping out, fearing burning to death enough to jump to his end? I can only imagine what Hell it would have been to be stuck in there when it starting falling on you. And imagine seeing it, too. And all those firefighters who went in to save them. My God that is terrible.

Bluesky, you sure know alot for someone with 10 posts�

Well, Bush is speaking right now to the best of his ability. He's talking about the sheer size of the attack, and how we have progressed since that terrible day.
Fox put Cavuto back on for a summary.
I can't watch it anymore. When they start reading out the names, I just can't keep emotionless. 3,000 names. Thank God this horror hasn't happened in this country since then. But it looks like they're trying attacks outside the US as of this year. Pray to God that those bastards don't try anything between now and November.

Hell, even the online game community got affected. Like a week or two after 9/11, there was a fairly decent game about stopping the terrorists from getting to the WTC. It was damn hard. And in November there was a game about killing Osama by dropping bombs.
( Last edited by CreepingDeth; Sep 11, 2004 at 11:01 AM. )

angaq0k
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2004, 11:19 AM

Originally posted by ebuddy:
it never ceases to amaze me that no matter how ambiguous you try to be politically in remembering the dead on 9/11, someone will always slip some anti-Bush or anti-America in there somewhere.

How many Muslims can you see celebrating our death in their streets before some backlash occurs?

Knowing that we have Muslim professors still propogating hate in Mosques and colleges in America to this day, I dare say we've not come down hard enough.
It was not clear to me that the request was targeted for a very specific group of people.

On the other hand, my post was not anti-Bush or anti-America; it was about what I witnessed around me, and does not reflect a general opinion, but what I remember from it.

But of course, the first post was not a political one in any way, right?
"******* politics is for the ******* moment. ******** equations are for ******** Eternity." ******** Albert Einstein

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 11, 2004, 11:47 AM

Originally posted by ebuddy:

Indeed.

CreepingDeth  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2004, 12:04 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
Indeed.
Yes, I remember seeing those sick people celebrating the death in the streets. They were dancing, playing, singing like their team just won the Super Bowl. I remember some crazy lady dancing with some kooky expression, too. Anyone remember that?
Oh, were kids pissed when they got back. Guess they didn't like those damn terrorists either. Hell, half said we should kick whoever did it's ass in the street for it. The other half were pacifists.

realitybath
Forum Regular
Sep 11, 2004, 12:20 PM

sad day for alot of famillies.

(you should keep all the political bickering to another thread if you want to show some respect for the dead.. I mean both sides, including you creepingdeath, as you are slipping in political jabs that are unnecessary)

edit: I remember waking up that morning and turning on CNN. Was still in bed when news of the first plane was reported, then video of the tower, then video of the second plane hitting. That has to be one of the strangest moments in history.

I watched for hours(cancelled going to school), but the moment it really hit home was when they showed footage of people jumping (pre-tower collapse). Pure HELL. Then the collapse was just, well, insane. Suppossedly my university cancelled classes that day, and people who were there just gathered around tvs that were brought into the classrooms (this is university of Calgary, Canada).

I wasn't there though... no way you do something routine on a day like that. I can't imagine what its like for people who had familly in those towers.
( Last edited by realitybath; Sep 11, 2004 at 12:40 PM. )

CreepingDeth  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2004, 12:32 PM

Firemen
Is this any good?
OR any of the other pics?

Jansar
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2004, 12:36 PM

My prayers are here for those who have had a loss at 9/11.

I'm glad that the Bush administration is taking it as seriously as they should. The world needs to be a safer place.
World of Warcraft (Whisperwind - Alliance) <The Eternal Spiral>
Go Dogcows!

ringo
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2004, 01:02 PM

I was at work that morning, surfing google news and came across an article that a small plane had hit the WTC. Not long after, I heard about the second plane (some people in the cafeteria had been watching the news), then everything started to get crazy. I called home, talked to my wife, asked her to start taping. I was in a conference room with about a dozen people, watching a NY local news broadcast, when the first building collapsed. Shocked silence all around.

No work was getting done, people were really upset. I work in Northern New Jersey, a lot of the people I was around had friends and family who were in NYC, some lived there. Stories about other crashes, an unknown number of hijackings, etc started to circulate. Nobody knew for sure what was happening. It was a bad scene.

I left early that day, sometime around noon, I don't remember the exact time. I was stunned...bought a pack of smokes on the way home for the first time in a few months, and some videotape. I have about 50 hours of news footage, starting shortly after the second plane hit the WTC...not sure why I felt the need to do that, still haven't re-watched any of it. Maybe in another ten years or so I'll want to.

Out of respect for those who died and for those who live on in grief, lets keep the partisian jabs out of this thread. It was a sad event for people on both sides.

PacHead
Baninated
Sep 11, 2004, 01:07 PM

Originally posted by angaq0k:

Terrorism is not a solution, and war is no resolve either, as is demonstrated still today...
9-11 was a declaration of war, and we are going to kick ass. Whatever it takes.

I don't remember the enemy surrendering.

CreepingDeth  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2004, 01:12 PM

Originally posted by ringo:
I was at work that morning, surfing google news and came across an article that a small plane had hit the WTC. Not long after, I heard about the second plane (some people in the cafeteria had been watching the news), then everything started to get crazy. I called home, talked to my wife, asked her to start taping. I was in a conference room with about a dozen people, watching a NY local news broadcast, when the first building collapsed. Shocked silence all around.

No work was getting done, people were really upset. I work in Northern New Jersey, a lot of the people I was around had friends and family who were in NYC, some lived there. Stories about other crashes, an unknown number of hijackings, etc started to circulate. Nobody knew for sure what was happening. It was a bad scene.

I left early that day, sometime around noon, I don't remember the exact time. I was stunned...bought a pack of smokes on the way home for the first time in a few months, and some videotape. I have about 50 hours of news footage, starting shortly after the second plane hit the WTC...not sure why I felt the need to do that, still haven't re-watched any of it. Maybe in another ten years or so I'll want to.

Out of respect for those who died and for those who live on in grief, lets keep the partisian jabs out of this thread. It was a sad event for people on both sides.
Where did I say Republican, Democrat, Bush, Kerry, Dubya, etc.?
At least you knew what was happening. I was kept in the dark for 6 hours.
Does anyone here know anyone who was killed in the attack?

Terrorism is a method of destruction, and should be met with that in return. Don't give them flowers, give them bombs, or it'll happen again.
That also reminds me: I read somewhere that one the first anniversary of 9/11, some college in CA banned patriotic clothes, flags, etc. I think.

ringo
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2004, 01:18 PM

Where did I say Republican, Democrat, Bush, Kerry, Dubya, etc.?
At least you knew what was happening. I was kept in the dark for 6 hours. Does anyone here know anyone who was killed in the attack?
This isn't a grief/fear competition and I wasn't directing my comments at you. I don't feel any better/worse than you for knowing what was happening at the time. I didn't know anyone personally who died in the attacks, but know people who had family members die. A neighbor of mine lost her husband. A coworker of mine lost her son.

CreepingDeth  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2004, 01:25 PM

Competition? Huh.

Now, our biggest fear is a suitcase nuke. Put one of those in a city like New York, and the result would put nuclear attacks on the table.
I personally didn't know anyone who was killed, but I felt the effects. Thank God nobody that I knew of lost anyone in the Pentagon attack. There must have been 150 kids with their parents in there. Of course there's all those conspiracies about the jet and it being fake or a missile or something, but I think that's all bs.

Spoogepieces
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 11, 2004, 01:43 PM

I wonder, looking back at 3 years ago. I remember getting up for work and for some reason the internet connection was almost non-functional for me. I normally switch my computer on to check the news and weather before going to my office and was thinking that my DSL was having issues.

So, I switch on the television and had just turned it on about the time that the buildings were falling. I was literally in a state of shock and the last thing that I thought of was "Oh God, a terrorist attack." It appeared to be to be a horrible accident from an airline going way off course. I recall thinking of the horror of people jumping from windows, out damaged walls, etc. Then I saw the images/video of the WTC actually collapsing and just stood in front of the television totally motionless and stunned beyond belief. Even then I didn't consider the possibility of a terrorist attack until the news of the Pentagon being hit was broadcast. Then I started to get angry and wanted to know who did this? How can we seek revenge?

I'll never forget those images/video as they were repeated over and over. I'll never forget the sense of loss I had that day while trying to work. I didn't know anyone who died or got injured in any of those attacks, but, I still felt numb because it was an apparent attack on my nation, my country, my countrymen even if I wasn't personally affected in any way by what happened.

Now that I look back on it I wonder how much of the sense of loss and outrage was encouraged and inflamed by the non-stop live media coverage of it. If we only saw photos in the newspaper and didn't have this instant coverage would we have had the same sense of outrage and sense of loss?

Then I think, what would have happened if we had instant news coverage back during WWII? Would I have had the same feeling of outrage if the firebombings in London/Dresden were live on the telly 24/7? What about seeing non-stop coverage and repeated coverage of the atomic bombings? Would that have been OK because we were attacking our enemies? How many of us would have danced in the streets if we saw Dresden or Nagasaki burning?

PacHead
Baninated
Sep 11, 2004, 01:52 PM

It was strange. I live in NYC, and I actually first heard about a plane hitting the WTC #1 from my friend in Europe who called me.

I never wake up that early, so I was obviously still sleeping at the time, and then I got the phone call from my friend. I was pretty much glued to the TV for the next 48 hours straight.

CreepingDeth  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2004, 01:53 PM

Originally posted by Spoogepieces:
How many of us would have danced in the streets if we saw Dresden or Nagasaki burning?
None. We're not barbarians.
I'd hope Nagasaki would end the war so no one else would have to die attacking Japan, but I wouldn't be a ****ing idiot, dance and hand out candy.

Also, the attack was a series of events and different attacks, not just a single strike.
I can't believe I lost the Washington Post special from that day. A piece of history.

PacHead
Baninated
Sep 11, 2004, 01:59 PM

None. We're not barbarians.
Speaking of barbarians celebrating on 9-11.

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Sep 11, 2004, 02:06 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; Sep 12, 2004 at 01:24 PM. )

CreepingDeth  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2004, 02:07 PM

^
^
Damn right. Celebrating an attack like that. ****ed up.
And that's what they teach their kids!

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 11, 2004, 02:07 PM

Eh, when Iraq was being attacked, a lot of people over here celebrated.

I am sure they think we are barbarians for it.

I goes with the territory. I can't really BLAME them for cheering.

Spoogepieces
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 11, 2004, 02:10 PM

Of course, everyone celebrates the death or destruction of their enemy. It's part of human nature.

So can we really blame some Arabs for cheering the death and destruction in NYC when some of us have done the same thing here in response to what our military does?

PacHead
Baninated
Sep 11, 2004, 02:12 PM

Originally posted by daimoni:
I was in Amsterdam when the attacks occurred. It shocked the whole world. As soon as I got more information, I discovered that I knew one of the people who died on the flight back to California.

The following morning, I saw USA flags everywhere in the streets. It was a very touching display of solidarity and grief. This was not a state sponsored event, it came directly from the people.

The very same people that certain so-called Americans (the neo-conservative, jingoistic goons who frequent this message board) claim have no feelings or understanding of what terrorism is.

Europe opened their arms and hearts to us... and all our government did was scorn them and rename "French Fries" into "Freedom Fries". Lame.
BULL - - - many did yes and we appreciate their support, but just as many were quick with the "You deserved this crap". It started a couple of hours after the first plane hit the first tower.

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Sep 11, 2004, 02:12 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; Sep 12, 2004 at 01:24 PM. )

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 11, 2004, 02:14 PM

Originally posted by Spoogepieces:
Of course, everyone celebrates the death or destruction of their enemy. It's part of human nature.

So can we really blame some Arabs for cheering the death and destruction in NYC when some of us have done the same thing here in response to what our military does?
Basically what I was trying to say, but worded better.

CreepingDeth  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2004, 02:21 PM

Originally posted by daimoni:
Yes, you are ****ed up. And obviously were not brought up right. Why do you hate America?
Huh?
If you ever noticed, I am very patriotic. Look at my sig and link (it's a joke, don't take it seriously).
This country beats the Hell out of anything else in the world, IMO, but that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about how terrible and insane what happened three years ago today was.

angaq0k
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2004, 03:08 PM

Back on topic, 9/11, although set on the soil of America, is also an International event.

September 11 victims were from 13 countries (the great majority from the USA, 2906 from 40 States out of 2996) but were also from 36 foreign citizenships (200).

Like it or not, this event will always be political; it comes from a political agenda, and was dealt through a political agenda. Not all the families of the victims agreed to a military action...

Everyone is concerned by these acts of terrorism. No one was, or is actually insensitive to what happened. No one should deny the importance this had in our lives. The Western world will never be the same, although we will slowly forget, we will slowly exorcise the pain around the whole event in the course of the coming decades. This has started already; slowly humor around some peripheric events from 9/11 have started to show.

Of course there is still denial and doubt, with wild theories of conspiracies and those will stay for a long time, because human nature seek a diffference of opinion when faced with a unilateral point of view. It is healthy to be different at times; it is a safeguard against misplaced certainties. It has nothing to do with being right; it has to do with rationalizing the event to grieve.

But in the end, justice has to prevail. It is not about revenge, it is about justice. Those at the root of the event, and all parties that were accomplices have to be exposed and judged for the crime of killing people who were most certainly not directly linked to whatever reasons that lead to their destruction.

I hope we can do that so we can get on with our lives, but not by sacrificing justice along the way. We all owe that to the victims, so that we do not create more reasons for a retribution that will create more innocent victims. We cannot constantly sacrifice more human lives to save human lives, and certainly not ask our neighbour to sacrifice him/herself for the sake of our own grief or our own anger.

CreepingDeth  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2004, 03:12 PM

For once I agree with a post of yours 80%.
But some people here seem to justify terrorist acts ala Israel.

RonnieoftheRose
Sep 11, 2004, 03:14 PM

What's detestable is that a hate monger like CD starts this thread to take advantage of those who died to spread his own opinions. I can bet most of those who died were democrat voters who would not want CD talking about them.

PacHead
Baninated
Sep 11, 2004, 03:19 PM

We all owe that to the victims, so that we do not create more reasons for a retribution that will create more innocent victims. We cannot constantly sacrifice more human lives to save human lives, and certainly not ask our neighbour to sacrifice him/herself for the sake of our own grief or our own anger.
I disagree 100%. We are at war, we have been declared war against, and we are fighting this as a war. We will not fight a "sensitive" war, and we will do whatever it takes to root out the enemy.

PacHead
Baninated
Sep 11, 2004, 03:20 PM

Originally posted by RonnieoftheRose:
What's detestable is that a hate monger like CD starts this thread to take advantage of those who died to spread his own opinions. I can bet most of those who died were democrat voters who would not want CD talking about them.
CD is no hate mongerer, and your comments are just silly.

CreepingDeth  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2004, 03:23 PM

Originally posted by RonnieoftheRose:

Riiiiight. They attacked us we attack them.
I don't care what their political views are! The buildings could have been filled with the biggest commies in the country, I wouldn't care. Those were (very very large majority) American citizens who were slaughtered for religion. Anyone such as OBL who murders Americans is worthy of hate.

angaq0k
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2004, 04:16 PM

For once I agree with a post of yours 80%.
But some people here seem to justify terrorist acts ala Israel.
No.

They are like you. They seek justice, and from their point of view, they are most likely right. For some, terrorism is legitimate defense. I am not saying they are right, but if we were to take the time to look their way and try to understand (not allow - understand) we might have a different opinion about the uproar and the belliquous attitude.

But going to war or terrorize is not a good way to make a point. In the end, we only perpetuate the violence, and victims will be counted in millions for the years to come. Is that necessary? I don't think so.

Can we avoid it? I believe it is possible. But we will need to make a clean up of our leaders, if not remove them, since they act as third parties, and badly convey the reality.

I think that if we could achieve an understanding on a one to one basis, rather than try to justify other people's actions out of our own ignorance, things would likely become extremely different.

Having nations and leadership representing those nations is a bad idea for the common people like you and me to really understand what is going on.

If we were really honest among each of others, we would make individuals accountable for their actions, instead of nations, or group of people, because in the deepest of our hearts, our motivations for actions are never what is publicized, if not what we say.

Put people alone and ask them why they are part of a group and you will find that their motivations for actions are totally different than of those other people of that same group.

Let's remove our political hats for a moment, and let's ask lots of questions and try mto really listen. If we were all doing that, we would see that we are not different than one another, we act for relatively similar reasons and if we were to empathize for a moment, maybe we could see a little light towards an understanding.

But we have to believe in that process, and this is something we have to do for ourselves, and hopefully show others as a preferable way to deal with things. People who think like me are millions, and you find them amongst Americans, Canadians, Chinese, French, Muslims, Iraqis, etc. It is all in the attitude. A new stance, a new point of view. A different way of doing things.

Let's stop having Faith in God as if it is the only solution. Time to have Faith in Ourselves and do the work of understanding our fellow human being.

Maybe we can survive this. I believe it. I am sure we can avoid future massacres. But we have to start thinking of better ways than killing others.

Edited for spelling
( Last edited by angaq0k; Sep 11, 2004 at 04:28 PM. )

CreepingDeth  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2004, 04:21 PM

So we go into peace talks with Osama?

PacHead
Baninated
Sep 11, 2004, 04:23 PM

No.

They are like you. They seek justice, and from their point of view, they are most likely right. For some, terrorism is legitimate defense. I am not saying they are right, but if we were to take the time to look their way and try to understand (not allow - understand) we might have a different opinion about the uproar and the belliquous attitude.
Yes, those sick dogs obviously do believe they are right, and this changes things how ?

They are wrong, and they will be eliminated. The nazis thought they were right also. Charles Manson thought he was right also. Big deal.

I've read plenty about those sick people, more than most I'm sure. I understand the enemy 100%, and I wish them 100% dead. That's my conclusion after taking a bunch of time to "understand" them.

angaq0k
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2004, 04:33 PM

So we go into peace talks with Osama?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Bin Laden has to be judged and tried for his crimes!!!

What we want is to prevent more terrorism, and we are not going to do that if we kill more people!

Bin Laden has to be tried because everybody diserves to see this guy PAY for his crimes, period.

We are not talking about appeasement with anyone! It is about understanding what went wrong, when, and where and because of whom so the mistake is not repeated, if this is possible.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2004, 04:36 PM

I don't "hate" anyone. I don't even hate OBL.

I actually find him pathetic. He is not respected by the people he wanted respect from. He is reviled. He lives on the run. He is simply a crazy followed by a pack of loonies. Why give him the energy of hate?

We need to stop focusing on what to do to OTHER people and OTHER countries.

The truth is that we need to clean house here in the United States. Batten down the hatches. Pay attention to our borders. Start taking care of our economy.

I still support finishing the job in Iraq. I do not support going into other countries, but I support finishing what we started in Iraq.

Along with that, we need to concentrate on our economy, health care, education of our children, and maintenance of our elderly.

If we had a presidential candidate that was going to work diligently for those things, then I would vote for him regardless of party.

Problem with Kerry is that one day he seems to be for those things...then he forgets to take his lithium and he's not for any of those things...can't make up his mind what he's doing. It's like a weird case of amnesia.

At least Reagan had Alzheimers to blame his lack of focus on.

PacHead
Baninated
Sep 11, 2004, 04:40 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Bin Laden has to be judged and tried for his crimes!!!

What we want is to prevent more terrorism, and we are not going to do that if we kill more people!

Bin Laden has to be tried because everybody diserves to see this guy PAY for his crimes, period.

We are not talking about appeasement with anyone! It is about understanding what went wrong, when, and where and because of whom so the mistake is not repeated, if this is possible.
Understanding what went wrong ? Tried for his crimes ?
Judged ?

Oh man.................

So, in other words, you do not wish him dead.

I can just see it now. This is just another enemy trick.

Can you imagine the Bin laden trials. I can just imagine how that circus would happen.

When the trials start, appeasers on here will start to proclaim how he is innocent. The USA has shaky evidence etc. blah blah blah Certain dumbasses on this forum believe that the USA was behind 9-11. And so do other primitive people around the globe.

Nah, just kill the mass murdering maniac. I'm not interested in reading the crap that certain people will spew on here, if he were to be caught. It will be a joke, and the enemy will use it as propaganda.

Uday & Kusay is a good example of what should happen to Osama.

medicineman
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 11, 2004, 04:42 PM

Remember? How can you forget? Yeah, I was on my way to work early that day. We were leaving for Italy later that morning. As we were exiting Rt 280, the radio said that a small plane had hit the towers. The morning announcers joked about it. A few minutes later, the report of a second plane. Looking over towards NY, you could see the smoke and flames. The rest of the year was lost in tears.

GBA.

angaq0k
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2004, 04:42 PM

Originally posted by PacHead:
Understanding what went wrong ? Tried for his crimes ?
Judged ?

Oh man.................

So, in other words, you do not wish him dead.

I can just see it now. This is just another enemy trick.

Can you imagine the Bin laden trials. I can just imagine how that circus would happen.

When the trials start, appeasers on here will start to proclaim how he is innocent. The USA has shaky evidence etc. blah blah blah Certain dumbasses on this forum believe that the USA was behind 9-11. And so do other primitive people around the globe.

Nah, just kill the mass murdering maniac. I'm not interested in reading the crap that certain people will spew on here, if he were to be caught. It will be a joke, and the enemy will use it as propaganda.

Uday & Kusay is a good example of what should happen to Osama.
Then don't be surprised if there are people who reply in kind. After all, that is your choice.

PacHead
Baninated
Sep 11, 2004, 04:47 PM

Then don't be surprised if there are people who reply in kind. After all, that is your choice.
And, as I previously said in my other reply, I know plenty about the enemy. What we do, will not change anything, regarding their actions. They're fighting a holy war. Their sick beliefs = stronger than anything we do or say.

We capture binladen and try him = The sickos will strike at us

We kill binladen and show his worthless body on tv for the whole world to see = The sickos will strike at us

It does not matter. This is a war, and they will continue to strike at us.

We will continue to hunt them down like dogs, until they are gone.

CreepingDeth  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2004, 05:09 PM

Which one do you guys like better?

PacHead
Baninated
Sep 11, 2004, 05:12 PM

Which one do you guys like better?
I'd have to say #1, because the second one gives me the impression of blessing whoever is reading that one, and not all readers deserve that of course. Had it said "the USA" instead of "you", then I would have said #2 perhaps.

Forum Links
Forum Rules