Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Special Menu (ResEdit?)

Special Menu (ResEdit?)
NDBounce
Senior User
Feb 3, 2000, 03:20 PM

Okay, you can all laugh at me, but I just upgraded from a Powerbook 145 (mainly b/c I finally filled that humungous 80MB HD) to an ibook (what will I do with 3.2 gigs? And you guys complain about how small that is). Anyway I am now using OS/9 and have a question.

Back in the day of System 7.1, I played around with all sorts of neat stuff on my system and somehow managed to add keyboard commands to items in the special menu (Shutdown, Sleep, Empty Trash). However, over the years, I forgot how I did this (I assume Resedit, but I don't know for certain). Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to add/change keyboard commands to the Special Menu in system 9. I would really like to add a keyboard command to shutdown and sleep and choose a different command to for the logout menu using Multiple users. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can also email me if you like (address is [email protected])

representa
Feb 3, 2000, 06:49 PM

There is definitely a way. Check out www.resexcellence.com, THE site for hacks using ResEdit. Here's the link for adding commands in OS 8.5 (OS 9 should be the same). Good luck.

-representa

[This message has been edited by representa (edited 02-03-2000).]

gene
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 3, 2000, 09:27 PM

Adam Silver
Mac Elite
Feb 3, 2000, 11:33 PM

You can do this far more easily with Action Menus.

Forum Links
Forum Rules