Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Guitar Question: Humbucker vs. P-90

Guitar Question: Humbucker vs. P-90
DeathMan
Mac Elite
Dec 28, 2004, 03:06 AM

Can anyone tell me the difference between a Wax potted humbucker and a P-90 in terms of sound, quality, etc?

I'm looking at two guitars (Agile) LP copies. One has the P-90 pickup and the other has these wax potted humbuckers. I like the looks of the Humbucker version better, but the other looks nice as well. They're the same price. Can anyone tell me the difference?

Thanks

skalie
Mac Elite
Dec 28, 2004, 10:07 AM

Discussion on that very topic here.....

http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult.../f/4427/t/1772

DeathMan  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 28, 2004, 01:05 PM

Originally posted by skalie:
Discussion on that very topic here.....

http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult.../f/4427/t/1772
Hey thanks, man. The lounge proves itself to be useful for more than just wasting time while isomniating.

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Dec 28, 2004, 05:20 PM

Originally posted by DeathMan:
Can anyone tell me the difference between a Wax potted humbucker and a P-90 in terms of sound, quality, etc?

I'm looking at two guitars (Agile) LP copies. One has the P-90 pickup and the other has these wax potted humbuckers. I like the looks of the Humbucker version better, but the other looks nice as well. They're the same price. Can anyone tell me the difference?
Go for the humbucker one. If those guitars are copies then chances are they're cheapo pups which will need replacing sometime. You'll have a wider choice of replacement without body routing if you go for the humbuckers.

Forum Links
Forum Rules