Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Backup OS for laptop on long trip?

Backup OS for laptop on long trip? (Page 2)
Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Mar 31, 2014, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by jeff k View Post
thanks GH, yes A and S provided great info. The off topic spat is a silly waste of time . But as always this site delivers thanks everyone!

Still wondering if there exist something I can plug into after the battery dies on a plane or train.. will research if that exists.
Sadly, not really.

akent35
Banned
Apr 1, 2014, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
I'm sorry, but it's not OUR problem if English is not your first language, and you get all worked up based on your wrong interpretation of an English saying.

I'm going to leave it at that.

-t
Another person who can't read what I said! Oh well, there are always those types out there.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Apr 1, 2014, 06:25 AM

Considering that you flew off the handle at what amounted to simply misunderstanding my post...you know that old saying, "when you're in a hole..."?

akent35
Banned
Apr 1, 2014, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
Considering that you flew off the handle at what amounted to simply misunderstanding my post...you know that old saying, "when you're in a hole..."?
Once again, you are misstating the truth. It was part of that post (the use of the word decade). I guess you can't handle the truth!

Also, considering that you cannot read either (my Finland example where I did deduct the 24% VAT), and that you are not honoring ghporter's request (another instance where you can't read), the old saying "What goes around ...." is applicable here.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Apr 1, 2014, 01:29 PM

Well, there is the option that English is your first language, but you're still getting it wrong.

Anyways, it's amazing how riled up you get for a simple 'what the hell'.

I dare not to use a WTF on you, you might take it literally and beyond the normal use.

-t

akent35
Banned
Apr 1, 2014, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Well, there is the option that English is your first language, but you're still getting it wrong.

Anyways, it's amazing how riled up you get for a simple 'what the hell'.

I dare not to use a WTF on you, you might take it literally and beyond the normal use.

-t
Regarding the English Language, it is my primary language, but apparently not yours, as it's clear that you can not read. Also, I don't understand why some folks around here can't state their opinions in a more mature, on-topic manner. All of that accomplished nothing, and it was not on topic (eventually, subsequent posts were much better, and useful).

But, I guess trying to reason with folks like you is both useless, and as bad as talking to the wall.

andi*pandi
Apr 1, 2014, 04:00 PM

I suggest you guys leave jeff's thread alone, and start a thread in the Lounge, or Feedback, on "Forum Etiquette." I expect lots of cat pictures, at least one HAHA guy, and Picard face palm.

cgc
Professional Poster
Sep 15, 2014, 04:34 AM

How'd your trip go and what was your solution?

Why do people need to be so mean and nitpick every thing online?
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes." Frank Drebin, Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult

Forum Links
Forum Rules