Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPhone wont call when on local wifi

iPhone wont call when on local wifi
BLuEWeed
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 18, 2008, 06:51 AM

When my iPhone is connected to my wireless internet it doens't call anyone.. It just acts like theres no service and comes up with the call back and cancel button. A week or so ago i tried iPhone Remote so i could use my mac from my iPhone. and when i went to make a forwarding port i accidently made it an access point and now i can connect to it but not to the internet.. (no router IP shows up) also i cannot access my wirless routers settings.. i dont know what i need to do or if this has anything to do with it. help

stukdog
Jan 18, 2008, 07:07 PM

It sounds like a restore would be the best option. Just make sure you are all backed up and then restore it.

The reason I say this is because sometimes problems are like ants in a kitchen. You may only see one or two, but there are probably many more hidden. And the iPhone is so easy and quick to restore.
Macminicolo.net - Your mini. Our data center. The perfect low-cost server.

BLuEWeed  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 18, 2008, 08:14 PM

yea i restored it and it did it again after i connected to the wifi but when i disconnected it worked fine

Forum Links
Forum Rules