Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > [ANN] ThemePark 3.0 Is Out!

[ANN] ThemePark 3.0 Is Out!
smeger
Mac Elite
Feb 22, 2006, 04:31 AM

At long last, you are no longer at the mercy of Geekspiff to put your favorite app and icons into your theme.

Let's jump to the fun stuff first. Say you want to add, ohhh, OmniGraffle to your in-progress theme. From the File menu, choose Manage Templates. Hit "Get More Templates" first to see if someone has already created a template - if they have, you're done. If not, no problem - hit New App Skin and drag in OmniGraffle. Drag things around to organize them, rename items so they make more sense, etc. When you're done, close and save (and share with others if you're feeling generous). OmniGraffle will now show up in the list of application skins you can add to any theme, new or old.

New Features
  • The structure of Application skins and the application portion of icon sets can now be completely customized, and new application skins may be added. The customized templates can be shared with other ThemePark users. You no longer need to wait for a ThemePark update to add a new or updated application to your theme.
  • Added a new element editor which combines an image and a mask into a single editor. This simplifies creating iTunes application skins dramatically - the images no longer need to be broken apart into image and mask sections.
  • Added the guiKit variant manager component that first debuted in the guiTweak portion of ShapeShifter.
  • It's now possible to change the pressed state text color of push buttons independently from the other text colors.
  • Added support for 'wbmp' resources, as used in Microsoft products. The support includes transparent integration of the "magic pink" BMP hack.
  • Moved the window backgrounds in the Backgrounds category in with the rest of the window elements and consolidated them so only one background needs to be edited. Did the same with the Toolbar Background elements.
  • The 'ppat' editor has gotten some speed improvements.
  • Converted documentation to HTML.

Bug Fixes
  • "Receive from Photoshop" no longer breaks in one file after closing another file.
  • Resolved an issue that prevented "Receive From Photoshop" from working with certain images, such as Metal Button 9 Piece (Middle).
  • The DVD Player app skin is present again, and rendering issues in it have been resolved.
  • The save panel for a theme no longer gives the option to save as a Read-Only theme, since it never actually did anything.
  • Discarding modified elements on a variant's description no longer results in a broken tpark file and an unexportable guiKit. Also fixes tpark files that may have been broken by this.
  • Resolved an issue that prevented files from being opened by double-clicking them or dragging them onto the ThemePark icon if you didn't use a customized ThemePark display font.
  • Miscellaneous fixes to all image manipulation code.

Download ThemePark 3.0!
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Feb 22, 2006, 11:26 AM

Awesome. Thank you for your work. That's some quality software right there. I didn't mean for that to be a wdlove post.

Maybe I'll finally break down and make a theme, time willing.

DoGoodDrugs
Feb 22, 2006, 02:00 PM

does this mean that we'll see some themes for the intel macs? i know it has something do with an extra resource blah blah i dont know, i just want to theme my new imac...

~DGD

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Feb 22, 2006, 02:28 PM

No, this version of Themepark does not support the Intel versions of X, that is being worked on as we speak though....

MacMan4000
Mac Elite
Feb 23, 2006, 12:59 AM

Woo Hoo! I'v been waiting for this... just yesterday I went looking for an update and was disappointed that I didn't find one. I'm glad its finally here. Downloading now.

Thanks keep up the good work!

eyevaan
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 23, 2006, 04:32 PM

I've run into a minor problem. It won't launch . . . I am on 10.3.9 [@work] but TP3 just gives the animated rush that it is opening then nothing. Do I need to dump one of the caches from the previous version?

yes I am a registered user

read the read me files . . . D'oH! answered my own question - well technically Smeger did.
( Last edited by eyevaan; Feb 24, 2006 at 10:55 AM. )

smeger  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 24, 2006, 03:51 PM

eyevaan, ThemePark 3 is Tiger-only. It uses CoreData, and trying to keep the theme templates in sync for multiple OS's at once was impossible.
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

eyevaan
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 24, 2006, 05:40 PM

not a problem at all - thx for getting back to me.

Forum Links
Forum Rules