Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Refurb iPod Touch

Refurb iPod Touch
dennett
Forum Regular
Dec 18, 2008, 08:06 PM

Does anyone know if the current refurb Touch models are the newer version or the original Touch? If so, what are the differences between the old and new models?

64stang06
Mac Elite
Dec 18, 2008, 08:27 PM

Judging by the iTunes requirement for the refurb, it could be a 1st gen (requires 7.6 or later; the second gen requires iTunes 8).
MacBook Pro 13" 2.8GHz Core i7/8GB RAM/750GB Hard Drive - Mac OS X 10.7.3

Hg2491
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 18, 2008, 08:34 PM

The refurb iPod Touch is the first geneneration because it says that it has a 22-hour battery lifetime, whereas the new ones say that they last 36 hours.

The main differences between the two is that the new one has physical volume buttons and a built-in speaker, just like the iPhone. Also, I've read that the new iPod Touch has a faster processor.

dennett  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 18, 2008, 08:41 PM

Thanks for the quick replies. I searched around a bit as well, and the refurbs are definitely the first Gen models.

dennett  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 19, 2008, 10:06 PM

We went ahead an ordered a brand new 16gb, santa should be delivering it on the 23rd. I'm sure our son will love it!

Hg2491
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 19, 2008, 10:11 PM

Good buy. I ordered the 8gb version myself and can't wait for it to be delivered!

Forum Links
Forum Rules