Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Any feedback on Nikon Coolpix 5700?

Any feedback on Nikon Coolpix 5700?
dennett
Forum Regular
Aug 14, 2003, 12:35 PM

I'd be very interested in anybody's feedback or experience with this camera. I'd also love any suggestions as to competing models in $800-$1000 range. Thanks in advance!

macnnhelpme
Forum Regular
Aug 14, 2003, 02:33 PM

Sony FSC-F717. $700 street. Excellent camera.

dennett  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 14, 2003, 04:23 PM

Originally posted by macnnhelpme:
Sony FSC-F717. $700 street. Excellent camera.
Would you say the Sony is better than the Nikon? I'd appreciate any input you're willing to share.

macnnhelpme
Forum Regular
Aug 14, 2003, 05:20 PM

I have no direct experience with the 5700, but can tell you I looked at all 5mp cameras available at the time when I bought the 717 and it beat them all in terms of features/image quality and cost. Go to dpreview.com and check out their reviews and forums.

I love mine. It's a little strange in size/shape, but once you get used to it you won't want to go back to a 'little' camera again.

Jansar
Professional Poster
Aug 16, 2003, 01:08 AM

I own the 5700. It's great!

The camera comes with Nikon's own "Nikon View" software...don't bother with it unless you plan to take pictures in raw format (the extension is .NEF, only readable by Nikon's software). Switch to .jpg format and you're all set. I've had no problems whatsoever with the camera. I'm sure it's the best on the market.
World of Warcraft (Whisperwind - Alliance) <The Eternal Spiral>
Go Dogcows!

dennett  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 16, 2003, 10:52 AM

What do you guys think of this coming new Sony F828? I had pretty much settled on the 5700 until I started reading about the new Sony.

Forum Links
Forum Rules