Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > ITMS Support Really is THAT Bad

ITMS Support Really is THAT Bad
subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2011, 06:32 PM

I had heard horror stories, but I wasn't prepared for the real thing.

I'm on my fifth email now and they refuse to even entertain the idea that maybe they have a screwup on their end which needs to be fixed. Instead, they think the solution is to give me instructions on how to log in.

Four different times.

Even though the Apple ID they're telling me to log in to... wait for it... doesn't exist.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Oct 19, 2011, 07:08 PM

Sorry about that.

I've had really good luck with them.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2011, 08:12 PM

If you're not seeing something that you might have rented, or bought; look in your iTunes library folder rather than iTunes itself.

I rented a horrible movie and it never showed in my iTunes; but whoever replied to my e-mail said that it shows to have downloaded.

Hopefully I've come to some kind of help

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2011, 08:17 PM

You're holding it wrong.

-t

Twilly Spree
Senior User
Oct 20, 2011, 08:11 AM

Future recommendation:

Buy physical copies of movies and music. Not only will you get a physical backup and considerably higher quality product, but you'll never have to deal with online "support" to either use or enjoy your product.

You'll also be able to lend and resell your physical copy and ripping a CD is faster than downloading from the iTMS. Many times it's also cheaper to buy physical media, even though it is of higher quality and inherently worth more.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 20, 2011, 09:37 AM

Never gonna happen.

Thanks though.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 20, 2011, 09:40 AM

Jesus, I didn't expect this thread to summon a physical media evangelical. Christ.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 20, 2011, 10:27 AM

I missed the opening for some form of "that's a past recommendation" joke.

Dammit.

Twilly Spree
Senior User
Oct 20, 2011, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Jesus, I didn't expect this thread to summon a physical media evangelical. Christ.
That's exactly what a recommendation is, physical media evangelism.

Have problems with iTMS? Don't use it.

Have problems with recommendations? Don't follow them.

Have problems with hyperbole? Apparently yes, you do.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 20, 2011, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Twilly Spree View Post
That's exactly what a recommendation is, physical media evangelism.

Have problems with iTMS? Don't use it.

Have problems with recommendations? Don't follow them.

Have problems with hyperbole? Apparently yes, you do.
It left recommendation territory once we got the sermon on all the great advantages of physical media. The post reeked of proselytizing. If that wasn't your intent, you may want to work on your approach in the future.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Oct 20, 2011, 06:22 PM

My coworker had a similar issue, after a half dozen attempt he managed to find a back-channel through friends to get resolution.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 20, 2011, 06:42 PM

Car having problems? Ride a bike!

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 20, 2011, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Can't get a girlfriend? Why not try guys?

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 21, 2011, 04:10 AM

It left recommendation territory once we got the sermon on all the great advantages of physical media. The post reeked of proselytizing. If that wasn't your intent, you may want to work on your approach in the future.
Also, not that everybody takes a quick peek at the join date, but I became a member here three years before the ITMS even existed.

Therefore, it's possible I've been briefed on this whole CD thing.

Twilly Spree
Senior User
Oct 21, 2011, 11:19 AM

See, now I can take your advice or leave it.

I choose leave it, because it's not good advice to begin with and it seems you're more worried that other people don't share your personal opinion than anything else. Your response was some knee-jerk reaction to something you disagree with. Other people can't disagree with you. Except I do - and probably many many more.

People won't agree with you private, personal opinions like yours at all times. Not even when they're made in a snide and sarcastic way, as if you're suffering from some world-class inferiority complex. Not even then.

I offered advice, no skin of my nose if it is ignored. In order to make it as reasoned as possible instead of a dumb and meaningless comment like "if you don't like iTMS, then don't use it LULZ", I presented the reasons of the top of my head why I would recommend not using the iTMS if it is annoying or bothersome.

If those reasons seemed like proselytizing, preaching or anything like that, then that's your problem. Very much so, in fact. I certainly won't take your excuse for overreacting like that as anything but self-preserving back-pedaling. Which it is.

Keep working on your sarcasm and don't quit your dayjob.

Twilly Spree
Senior User
Oct 21, 2011, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
In fact, that's a perfect example of how meaningless my reply would have been had I not at least taken the time to explain why CDs are a valid and better alternative to iTMS in many cases.

But sek929 here fails at another thing, he fails at making a valid analogy.

@subego

Yes, I reckoned you knew about CDs, so I didn't waste much time explaining to you what they were.

PS. I'm quite enjoying all this unexpected nerd-rage, but ultimately don't you just have to suck it up and deal with the iTMS then? Why bother posting about it?

Did you think iTMS customer service reads MacNN forums? Did you want to share your personal life with the internet?

Did you think any of the ten posters who still frequent this place had similar experience? Did you expect moral support?

Apparently you didn't expect someone to actuall offer valid advice.

I've had some stupid experiences with the iTMS and learned that it wasn't for me. It makes simple things complicated. I'm not a fan of that. They did give me some store credit because of their incompitence, as an attempt to make up for it. I guess you could try to squeeze some of that out of them.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 21, 2011, 11:52 AM

I really don't see the issues with iTMS now that music purchased is 256kbpsDRM-free.

Movies is a different matter.

-t

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 21, 2011, 02:21 PM

I choose leave it, because it's not good advice to begin with and it seems you're more worried that other people don't share your personal opinion than anything else. Your response was some knee-jerk reaction to something you disagree with. Other people can't disagree with you. Except I do - and probably many many more.

People won't agree with you private, personal opinions like yours at all times. Not even when they're made in a snide and sarcastic way, as if you're suffering from some world-class inferiority complex. Not even then.

I offered advice, no skin of my nose if it is ignored. In order to make it as reasoned as possible instead of a dumb and meaningless comment like "if you don't like iTMS, then don't use it LULZ", I presented the reasons of the top of my head why I would recommend not using the iTMS if it is annoying or bothersome.

If those reasons seemed like proselytizing, preaching or anything like that, then that's your problem. Very much so, in fact. I certainly won't take your excuse for overreacting like that as anything but self-preserving back-pedaling. Which it is.

Keep working on your sarcasm and don't quit your dayjob.
In fact, that's a perfect example of how meaningless my reply would have been had I not at least taken the time to explain why CDs are a valid and better alternative to iTMS in many cases.

But sek929 here fails at another thing, he fails at making a valid analogy.

@subego

Yes, I reckoned you knew about CDs, so I didn't waste much time explaining to you what they were.

PS. I'm quite enjoying all this unexpected nerd-rage, but ultimately don't you just have to suck it up and deal with the iTMS then? Why bother posting about it?

Did you think iTMS customer service reads MacNN forums? Did you want to share your personal life with the internet?

Did you think any of the ten posters who still frequent this place had similar experience? Did you expect moral support?

Apparently you didn't expect someone to actuall offer valid advice.

I've had some stupid experiences with the iTMS and learned that it wasn't for me. It makes simple things complicated. I'm not a fan of that. They did give me some store credit because of their incompitence, as an attempt to make up for it. I guess you could try to squeeze some of that out of them.
Are we reading the same thread?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 21, 2011, 03:22 PM

Yowza

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 21, 2011, 03:50 PM

Why bother posting about it?
I'm entertained by the spectacular level of suck, especially coming from a company that has surprisingly good customer service. I thought others might be too.

No, I really didn't expect advice, which is why I posted it in the Lounge. That's where meta-Apple threads go.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Oct 21, 2011, 05:57 PM

Have problems with CDs? Buy vinyl.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2011, 08:24 PM

Having problems snagging that cheerleader? Try to take over the world by eating brains, and getting powerful.

Oneota
Professional Poster
Oct 21, 2011, 08:34 PM

Can't get a girlfriend? Why not try guys?
"Yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation" yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Oct 22, 2011, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock² View Post
Having problems snagging that cheerleader? Try to take over the world by eating brains, and getting powerful.
She was so 2008, broseph.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2011, 01:38 AM

I have no idea what you're referring to LB, but if you'd like to share; go right ahead

Andy8
Mac Elite
Oct 22, 2011, 07:23 AM

At least you have access to an iTMS - still something of a dream where I live.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2011, 10:55 AM

Apple - 支援 - iTunes

Apple - Support - iTunes

For those that want to see:
http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww/

edit:
D'r, but not the actual store. opps

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 22, 2011, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Andy8 View Post
At least you have access to an iTMS - still something of a dream where I live.
You should try CDs.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 22, 2011, 11:37 AM

/thread

Twilly Spree
Senior User
Oct 23, 2011, 07:28 AM

/thread
/dakar

Forum Links