Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > LG 34UC97 display issue

LG 34UC97 display issue
sra
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 26, 2014, 05:20 PM

I just got this ultra wide (34", 3440x1440 pixel) display which I am using with my 15" MBP-retina via Thunderbolt2. Generally, it's wonderful: all that real estate is extremely useful. However, I have noticed a problem: the right half of the display seems to have a pattern of closely spaced vertical bars. This shows up mostly on backgrounds: windows with text don't seem to have any trace of it, but it's clearly visible in solid color regions. Only the right half of the display. It doesn't go away if I change the color profile or the display rate (from 60Hz to 50 or 30).

Is there any hope this is a software issue that I could resolve? Or that some other connection (I haven't tried the various alternatives to Thunderbolt for connecting the MBP to the display) would make it go away? Or do I have to consider the display defective and try to exchange it?

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Nov 26, 2014, 05:23 PM

I think the latter with the defective and return - this feels like a graphical corruption issue in the monitor.

Do you have another monitor you can plug the computer into to test it separate from the monitor?

Forum Links
Forum Rules