Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes DVD burning sucks!!!!!!

iTunes DVD burning sucks!!!!!!
krisneph
Apr 16, 2004, 04:57 PM

I burned some if my music from iTunes to a DVD, it was a data DVD when it was done I pulled it out next time I tried it OS X wouldn't read it at all. It works on my friends XP machine but not on OS X. I'm using 10.3.3. Then I found out iTune made a .iso Disk Image I guess that's why OS X won't read it. If OS X won't read .iso's then why did it burn it that way. This sucks cause I want to recover my music.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 16, 2004, 06:30 PM

I don't think you used enough exclamation marks.

Chinasaur
Senior User
Apr 16, 2004, 06:44 PM

Originally posted by ::maroma:::
I don't think you used enough exclamation marks.
For someone with 2800+ posts, yours was a singularly snide and unhelpful post.
iMac - Late 2015 iMac, 32GB RAM
MacBook - 2010 MacBook, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM

Gul Banana
Mac Elite
Apr 17, 2004, 03:02 AM

Most of them are like that, so it is not too surprising.
krisneph: without more information, it's hard to help you. Specifically, what happens when you put the DVD into an OS X machine? In what fashion does it fail to work?
[vash:~] banana% killall killall
Terminated

jasong
Mac Elite
Apr 17, 2004, 06:40 PM

Just to add, Mac OS X can read iso disk images fine. Whatever your problem is, that's not it (c'mon, do you really think iTunes would burn a disk in a format it couldn't read?).

-- Jason

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Apr 17, 2004, 07:37 PM

What media? What's on the disc exactly? Can OS X read anything on the disc at all?

krisneph  (op)
Apr 18, 2004, 03:31 PM

I think it was burned with iTunes 4.1 I needed to reinstall Panther because when I got I just did an "Arhive and Install".

When I put the DVD in it does absolutely nothing the Finder won't recognize it's there. When I open up Disk Utility it tells me some info but that's it. It says it's an .iso but the Finder doesn't rerad it at all. I figured to open iTunes but I can't see it either. I put it in my friends XP machine and it works fine. So yes I do believe that iTunes burned I DVD the Finder can't read, why .... go figure.

This was burned on an iMac 800 mhz Superdrive it's a 2x superdrive it was burned on TDK 2x media I've burned other stuff in iDVD and that has worked fine. If someone could help fix this a would appreciate it.

Thanks

JellyBeen
Senior User
Apr 19, 2004, 11:29 AM

Originally posted by krisneph:
I think it was burned with iTunes 4.1 I needed to reinstall Panther because when I got I just did an "Arhive and Install".

When I put the DVD in it does absolutely nothing the Finder won't recognize it's there. When I open up Disk Utility it tells me some info but that's it. It says it's an .iso but the Finder doesn't rerad it at all. I figured to open iTunes but I can't see it either. I put it in my friends XP machine and it works fine. So yes I do believe that iTunes burned I DVD the Finder can't read, why .... go figure.

This was burned on an iMac 800 mhz Superdrive it's a 2x superdrive it was burned on TDK 2x media I've burned other stuff in iDVD and that has worked fine. If someone could help fix this a would appreciate it.

Thanks

Is it DVD-R or DVD+R ?
20"iMac intel 2.66 Duo: 4GB RAM : OS 10.6.6

krisneph  (op)
Apr 19, 2004, 02:28 PM

It's DVD-R for sure

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 19, 2004, 06:47 PM

Originally posted by Chinasaur:
For someone with 2800+ posts, yours was a singularly snide and unhelpful post.
Right back at ya chief!

(+1)

mudbath
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 11, 2004, 02:01 AM

Instead of being a smartass, maybe you can be of some help, esp. having so much experience.

For instance, I bought an 8x DVD drive, a La Cie. Problem: I have no idea how to burn my 'Purchased Library' as a backup and it seems insane to hand-drag individual songs into Toast 6.

Maybe I'm wrong, but if this is true, something seems really amiss; who wants to back up libraries w/100 discs when it can be compressed into say 4-5 DVDs?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules