Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > MuRU Spotlight Killer

MuRU Spotlight Killer
krisneph
Nov 9, 2005, 07:27 PM

http://www.windstormsoftware.com/wssw/moru/index.html

This app seems interesting. Haven't tried it cause i'm at work on a PC. One of the things a would want to do is a search within a search. Kinda like filtering but with user defined criteria.

Son instead of looking for the type of criteria you want to filter with you can just type

.PSD -----> then in another box type -----> cat

bacause if you type cat your gonna get all these JPEG's

If you guys install it let me know how it works.

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Nov 9, 2005, 07:46 PM

I wouldn't really call it a Spotlight killer, given that it, you know, uses Spotlight for its back-end.

It's more of an alternate interface to Spotlight.

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 9, 2005, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by krisneph
.PSD -----> then in another box type -----> cat

bacause if you type cat your gonna get all these JPEG's
And if I type .psd and cat in the same box in Spotlight I too get only the Photoshop files of cats. So what is the advantage of this program? Other than more boxes to type in.

krisneph  (op)
Nov 10, 2005, 04:40 PM

And if I type .psd and cat in the same box in Spotlight I too get only the Photoshop files of cats. So what is the advantage of this program? Other than more boxes to type in.

Freaking cool I never bothered to try that. He I don't think thats clearly documented cause I know a lot of other spotlights trecks but not that one.

About it being a spotlight killer I was just kidding I just wanted to get peoples attention so people can respond to my post (my posts are always terribly unsuccessful).

So the search with in a search is the word that goes after and right?

Forum Links
Forum Rules