Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > dwl-120+ with 10.3.9 ... will it work?

dwl-120+ with 10.3.9 ... will it work?
twocows
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 20, 2005, 03:25 PM

I'd like to know if anyone has any experience getting the DLink DWL 120+ USB WIFI adapter to work with OSX?

I am stationed here in iraq at the moment and thats all that i can find in the local market.

I am not sure what chip the thing uses. perhaps if i give the link it could help.

why am i considering this when the ibook has built in wifi you ask? well i am hoping since its usb - i can get a long usb cable and perhaps tweak the antenna for extra signal strength

please note. i reference the .au site because the dlink.com (US site) shows a dwl-120+ however its NOT the same one. the .AU one is the one here for sale.

http://www.dlink.com.au/Default.aspx?ArticleID=253

thanks much!

Note: I have a ibook g4 with os 10.3.9
( Last edited by twocows; Nov 20, 2005 at 04:43 PM. )

ghporter
Administrator
Nov 20, 2005, 06:24 PM

D-Link says no-go. They have drivers for Windows 98, ME (!!!), and 2K. That's pretty much it. Here's what they say in their FAQ about system requirements-I have no idea why they include the statement about the DWL-1000AP.

6. What do I need to use with the DWL-120?(Back to FAQ Questions)

D-Link recommends these requirements for proper installation and use of the DWL-1000AP.

1. An IBM compatible Laptop running Windows 98, ME, 2000.
2. USB port.
3. A Pentium 100 or faster CPU and minimum of 32Mb RAM.
Can't you have someone Stateside mail you something that you know will work?

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules