Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Wireless access using 2 APs

Wireless access using 2 APs
twocows
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 24, 2005, 04:36 PM

PLEASE SEE MY OTHER THREAD, http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?t=276599
I FIGURED THIS ONE OUT.

I'll try to ask this in a way that makes "SOME" Sense and hope i get a sensable answer.

ok so here in iraq our internet is distrubted through monthly subscriptions from those who buy a bigger subscription from satellite providers. ya. it sux. real bad. i so miss my cable modem back in san diego i could cry!

the way i have it setup now is i have an access point on the roof thats picking up the signal from the "Wireless Distrubution Point" or rather the internet provider. a cat 5 cable running down that i connect to the ibook. the access point on the roof which i'll call AP1 (dlink dwl 900+) so it makes sense with the attached picture, is set to be an ACCESS CLIENT or WIRELESS CLIENT.

my question is as follows

I have another access point (We'll call this AP2 [dlink dwl-2100]) laying about so i got to thinking why not do this: Set AP1 (900+) as a repeater and set AP2 (dlink dwl 2100) another repeater then get the ibook to take the signal from AP2 (2100) so i can roam about the house freely? will this work? please help me figure this out.

and now an image that i drew to show...

( Last edited by twocows; Nov 24, 2005 at 09:15 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules