Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iMac 2 (squared) prototype image

iMac 2 (squared) prototype image
ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 13, 2001, 12:34 AM

CaseCom
Professional Poster
Jul 13, 2001, 01:51 AM

My thoughts... I don't want to see any more "prototype images."

<LotsaFagina>
Jul 13, 2001, 12:18 PM

You dumb-ass!!!! There are going to be no LCD imacs at MacWorld. Haven't you read anything? Apple is screwing us over. No new imac enclosure, slightly altered G4 enclosure, and no 10.1. Apple's going down...fast.

Composer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 13, 2001, 12:39 PM

Pretty cool, but I don't think that confusing the Yosemite case with the iMac will help with the "quadrants". I liked your other designs, especially the iLsa.

And please ignore the troller&lt;lostafagina&gt;.

Cheers,

Composer

"Life Without Music Would be a Mistake" -- Friedrich Nietzche

GraphiteBoi
Forum Regular
Jul 13, 2001, 12:40 PM

ok, lets close this thread...its a waste of space...

[ 07-13-2001: Message edited by: GraphiteBoi ]
i Think, therefore iMac.

<Team Dresch>
Jul 13, 2001, 12:57 PM

How is that deep enough to support the optical drive?!?!?!

Macintosh
Banned
Jul 13, 2001, 01:46 PM

"Didnt you read that Apple will not release an LCD iMac!?"

LOL.....OMG.....

Apple will surely release an LCD imac, they have to. It is as simple as it sounds,Apple has to throw strikes
and they will do it. Just shut up and read at your own risk. As I always say (im no insider but) watch and be
amazed! The expo is near and we all get gitters.

The consensous has gone from "Best Expo Ever." to "It Might Be A Good Expo." to "Apple Is Going Down Fast,This Expo Will Suck Hard!" I will watch, just incase.

<open wide>
Jul 13, 2001, 02:54 PM

Originally posted by &lt;LotsaFagina&gt;:
<STRONG>You dumb-ass!!!! There are going to be no LCD imacs at MacWorld. Haven't you read anything? Apple is screwing us over. No new imac enclosure, slightly altered G4 enclosure, and no 10.1. Apple's going down...fast.</STRONG>
What makes you think the prototype he drew has an LCD? You only see the front and back of it. It can be thick enough to house a flat screen CRT.

Insert foot in mouth.

ironknee  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 13, 2001, 09:20 PM

Thanks to all who comented.

revised image
http://www.kuodesign.com/welcome/mac2.html[/LIST]

kernel_panic
Jul 14, 2001, 11:55 AM

<STRONG>Apple is screwing us over. No new imac enclosure, slightly altered G4 enclosure, and no 10.1. Apple's going down...fast.</STRONG>
Grow up! Apple's going down because the original rumors aren't true? Get a grip. ...And a registered account.

funkboy
Professional Poster
Jul 14, 2001, 12:29 PM

Nice idea... I'm still wondering how Apple will bring out an iMac with an LCD and differentiate it from a laptop in a clear way - if it was to keep its all in one design and take advantage of the LCD, all we have is an iBook... unless the iMac will be the much-rumored pen-based home consumer item... a computer in the space of the 15" cinema display, that would be quite nice.

Oh, and a great big round of applause for the name on your page that says "iMac SE X" Jobs would love it

The Placid Casual
Professional Poster
Jul 14, 2001, 12:38 PM

Originally posted by Composer:
<STRONG> I liked your other designs, especially the iLsa.

Composer</STRONG>
I agree, great designs...

However, just playing devils advocate for a moment....what about left handed people and the iLsa

As for MacWorld, some people clearly are not taking into account Steves' psyche when they say it is going to 'suck'....chances are we will not get what we expect, however, we will be amazed...100% guaranteed. Steve lives for hardware, especially Apple Hardware...

(Actually on reflection, my statement could also be true even if there was nothing new to launch in NY....Think of the NeXT launch when he faked the TV Playback!)

Regardless of what happens at NY it will be worth it just to hear the immortal words..."Oh, and one more thing"

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Jul 14, 2001, 12:46 PM

I liked the choice of "screen" you picked to put on your prototype.
-Aaron
2008 iMac 3.06 Ghz, 2GB Memory, GeForce 8800, 500GB HD, SuperDrive
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

SkullMacPN
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 14, 2001, 03:58 PM

<STRONG>You dumb-ass!!!! There are going to be no LCD imacs at MacWorld. Haven't you read anything? Apple is screwing us over. No new imac enclosure, slightly altered G4 enclosure, and no 10.1. Apple's going down...fast.</STRONG>
And why do such reports exsist? Perhaps the new flat-screen product won't be called an iMac at all... *duh*

ironknee  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 14, 2001, 09:26 PM

Originally posted by SirCastor:
<STRONG>I liked the choice of "screen" you picked to put on your prototype.
-Aaron</STRONG>
Aaron thanks, I'm glad someone noticed

Phoible
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 17, 2001, 09:38 PM

So when was the last time that Apple did what the analysts said they should do? Three years ago, no one would have thought that fruity computers would sell. But they did, and better than anything else. Now they need to make profits. So should they a) release what everyone thinks they will, or b) release something that breaks the mold. A less than 50-50 chance means that no one has actually seen a flat-panel iMac, so they think that it can't be done. Apple has just been really good at keeping a secret, and in 12 hours, we will know what the next big thing will be.

<giving up>
Jul 17, 2001, 10:06 PM

Oh no-o-o-o-o!!!! I had *everything* riding on hopes for an LCD iMac. This is the ultimate low blow. I'm not even waiting until MWNY, I'm comitting suicide right now. Goodbye cruel Macworld!

Ghoulag
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 21, 2001, 06:11 PM

This one is much better

Imac2

Forum Links
Forum Rules