Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Adobe CS3 -- and -- WTB: MBP packaging (yes, the box)

FS: Adobe CS3 -- and -- WTB: MBP packaging (yes, the box)
chipchen
Mac Elite
Jun 5, 2007, 07:07 PM

So, I bought Adobe CS3 Design Premium. A real legit copy. But I don't think I can afford to keep it. (it's still sealed in the package) It's the ACADEMIC VERSION. Let me answer those quesions for you now:

1. No, not different content. Should be the same.
2. CAN be used FOR PROFIT WORK
3. CAN be used to qualify for upgrade version later

How do I know this? From Adobe: http://www.adobe.com/education/purchasing/faq.html

So, I'd prefer to sell this for what I paid for it, $648.41, and not lose or make money. And, I'd like to sell it to a real student. I'm not going to ask you to fax me your student ID or anything, but please be honest.

And I realize since you're a student you qualify for the $599 + tax price also, so send me an offer. (I'll say I'm asking $600)

- - -

Now, I WANT TO BUY... a MacBook Pro BOX. Yep... The black box with styrofoam inside. If you got one... can I have it free or cheap? SoCal better as I can pick up. Otherwise, If you'd be willing to cover or wrap the box and send it, please let me know how much I can compensate you for it.

Other WTB: always looking for Wii games too.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 5, 2007, 08:41 PM

Just out of curiousity, can't you return it? I mean, if it's still sealed, then you should be able to return it to your school's bookstore.

Otherwise, I'm not sure that it's legit to sell educational licenses here, since people who aren't in the education field (or are no longer students) wouldn't normally be allowed to qualify for educational prices...
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

chipchen  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 5, 2007, 09:22 PM

It's a small university store... basically means... "no refunds or exchanges."

You could buy a software box and open it to find only marshmellows inside and they would said you have to deal with the manufacturer/publisher.

Larger university stores probably have better return policies.. but smaller ones can't handle that in their accounting, ordering system, etc...

davenet
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 10, 2007, 11:22 PM

You still have the CS3 software?

David

chipchen  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 11, 2007, 02:10 AM

I do. Currently, it's on ebay... but for the right price, I wouldn't mind taking it off ebay.

eBay: ADOBE CREATIVE SUITE 3 DESIGN PREMIUM (CS3 MAC) CS 3 (item 130123188721 end time Jun-13-07 18:34:08 PDT)

Still looking for a MBP box too if anyone has one.

Forum Links
Forum Rules