Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > 1.42GHz MacMini / 1 GB Ram / 80GB HD / Combo

1.42GHz MacMini / 1 GB Ram / 80GB HD / Combo
celliott47
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 8, 2006, 09:42 AM

I'm selling a G4 MacMini:

•1.42GHz Apple PowerPC G4 / 1 GB DDR SDRAM / 80GB hard drive / DVD/CD-RW Combo
•ATI Radeon 9200 / 56K modem
•No bluetooth or airport

Comes with all documentation, CDs, box, etc. Everything included as it was shipped new.

Runs like a charm

You can find me on eBay under celliott with an excellent feedback rating plus I've bought & sold on this forum

$325.00 shipped to continental US only. I accept personal checks (check must clear before shipped, usually 5-6 days) or money orders in which case the Mac will ship the day after payment is received.

E-mail me at cliffell AT mtco.com or send me a PM.

Walker
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 8, 2006, 12:32 PM

no paypal?

Atticus
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 8, 2006, 12:58 PM

oh man this is a good deal. I would have taken you up on it about 2 months ago Wrong timing I guess.

celliott47  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 8, 2006, 02:05 PM

Sorry, no PayPal since getting scammed out of $200 on an eBay auction- got no help from PayPal.

bearcat2000
Sep 8, 2006, 02:21 PM

Just for recommendation sake, I have purchased a mac from celliott47 and had a great experience. Item was packaged and delivered as promised and on time.

celliott47  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 8, 2006, 08:58 PM

Thanks, bearcat.

How's that new Mac?

chipchen
Mac Elite
Sep 9, 2006, 03:18 AM

Hmm... I might be interested.. where are you located? (same question as in the other thread... maybe we can work out something with the MDD box.

celliott47  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 9, 2006, 12:45 PM

Central Illinois, also in other thread

audvidsvs
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 9, 2006, 02:02 PM

Sent you a P.M.

Ed

celliott47  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 9, 2006, 05:32 PM

Ed,
Sent reply

audvidsvs
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 9, 2006, 06:15 PM

Thanks,
and back to you.

bearcat2000
Sep 9, 2006, 11:21 PM

New Mac is great, thinking about upgrading our iMac G5 20" to a 24" now.

celliott47  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 10, 2006, 08:56 AM

Several interested, but still available.

audvidsvs
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 10, 2006, 09:16 AM

Evidently you are not interested in a face to face meeting to sell this?
I have asked you to call me several times and so far no call.
??????

celliott47  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 10, 2006, 04:44 PM

audvidsvs,

Just to respond- why a face to face? We live three and a half hours away. Unless you're driving to my house with the price of gas it's cheaper to just ship the Mac. I have a Mac Mini as advertised. I have established a price, I've told you where I live, we have communicated via e-mail and PM. I have enough going on that I just don't want to call. Sorry if that goes against your grain, but I've told you everything there is to know I think.

I've bought and sold here numerous times, bearcat above is a reference, I have a feedback rating on eBay of 196. I choose to do business via this forum and eBay using e-mail and PM and don't think I need to give up all privacy to sell a computer. I don't know what else I can supply to you short of the phone call.

Thanks.

celliott47  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 10, 2006, 05:33 PM

audvidsvs:
One last follow-up since this interaction is making me look bad. You offered a price as you say in your PM to me of "as close to $250 as we can get" plus you ask me to meet you part way to deliver it. You lowball me, want me to deliver it, and then seem to indicate that I am somehow in the wrong?

In your PM you say that you may be in Springfield (about half way between us) on Sunday- that's fine, but I'm the pastor of a church here in central Illinois and Sundays are not free days for me. In addition, I'm a part time high school teacher- I don't have much of any free time on my hands at the moment at any time during the week. Sorry if I can't meet your expectations, but they sure aren't because I'm trying to pull anything on you. I'm only trying to sell a cheap Mac at good price because I don't need it anymore and could use the funds.

celliott

audvidsvs
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 10, 2006, 05:54 PM

Clif

If I offended you somehow,I apologize.

I was attempting to negotiate which I also clearly stated in the email from which you snipped that quote.
My reasoning was also that if we met you would at least deduct the shipping costs from the deal.
Since we could not talk you wouldn't know that.

I would have been in a position to swing by your place and effect a face to face deal which is safe and secure and I have no agenda regarding your privacy other than that.

Further I think a phone call can go a long way towards speeding up a deal rather than slowing it down. In addition there is the actual voice contact that I use to help judge sincerity when transacting with strangers.

It did not seem a lot to ask that we be able to communicate directly and swiftly and so I did.
I appreciate your position and reasoning but I will only deal with those willing to speak in real time instead of a virtual conversation.

It is difficult to imagine that sending messages via computer is so much faster and more convenient than speaking but to each his own.

Good Luck
Ed

celliott47  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 10, 2006, 06:10 PM

audvidsvs,
Thanks for the follow-up- however, I don't think that the cost of gas and my time is fair to me in order to reduce shipping for you. The $250 offer also isn't good for me either- so I guess I didn't see any benefit in making a call or making the effort to meet.

If we were in agreement on the price of $325 shipped, a phone call might have been helpful and in order, but you left those other details out of this public forum and reserved them for the PM.

Again, the Mac Mini is available- $325 shipped. If anyone wants to talk in order to feel better about that deal, then I'll make the call as necessary. Sometimes I think eBay is so much easier :-)

celliott47  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 10, 2006, 06:30 PM

Well, it looks like the Mini is sold- at least I have a verble (e-mail) commitment to buy it. Thanks everyone. I guess it is still subject to change, but for now it is sold.

GuyWithACamera
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 10, 2006, 06:49 PM

DOH! too late. If the buyer backs out or it doesn't pan out, let me know. I could use it for my classroom.
I have no lid upon my head. But if I did, you
could look iniside and see what's on my
mind.

GlassOgnion
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 10, 2006, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by celliott47
Well, it looks like the Mini is sold- at least I have a verble (e-mail) commitment to buy it. Thanks everyone. I guess it is still subject to change, but for now it is sold.
Yes, sold to me..... thanks Cliff, payment will be on his way tomorrow.

Forum Links
Forum Rules