Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > 2012 MLB Regular-Season Thread

2012 MLB Regular-Season Thread
Dork.
Professional Poster
Jun 2, 2012, 10:39 AM

It seems like the right time to start this thread to me.

My wife couldn't understand why I was do giddy last night. I had to explain to her: I've seen the Mets win a world series in my lifetime, but I've never seen this!

How is your team doing? I'm surprised at how competitive the NL East is right now. Both the NL East and AL East are totally up for grabs this year, which is a welcome change.

However, it's only 50 games in. Anything can happen!

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 2, 2012, 01:03 PM

Congrats on the Santana no-hitter!

I predict the AL East will ultimately be dominated by the Rays, with the Yankees and possibly Jays competing for the wild card (along with the Angels). I don't think this is the year for the Red Sox, and there is no way in hell Baltimore sustains their success with their weak pitching.

In the NL East the Mets seem to be nice surprise this year! I haven't decided who among the Nationals, Marlins, or Braves I expect to take the division and/or wild card(s), but at the beginning of the year I would have expected the Phillies to be in there, but now it isn't looking so good for them with the injuries they are dealing with, as well as lack of offense. Maybe the Mets could compete for a wild card spot too? Perhaps their chances are about the same as the Jays'...

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 2, 2012, 03:55 PM

Looking at some of the Red Sox stats and play as of late, maybe I'm counting them out too soon.

I stand by the Orioles not being contenders though.

Dork.  (op)
Professional Poster
Jun 3, 2012, 10:32 AM

I actually downloaded the app to listen to WFAN streaming on my phone, to listen to the NY talk radio reaction to the no-no. I discovered two things: first, sports talk radio is still as lame as ever. Second, though, one caller did make the point that this can be considered the first enduring Mets experience in the new ballpark. Sure, Reyes won the batting title last year, but that was kind of a slow buildup and the last game was anti-climatic because we all felt he was probably leaving after that. Mets fans have had a love-hate relationship with the stadium, which took away most of Wright's home runs since it opened and whose main entrance is named for a Brooklyn Dodger who never played for the Mets. This (coupled with moving in the fences) may be the beginning of Mets fans truly considering it their home field.

Oh, and good luck with Chris Schwinden. Hope his ERA (almost 7!) improves a bit with the Jays....

Dork.  (op)
Professional Poster
Jun 9, 2012, 09:16 AM

So, are they giving out no-hitters in cracker-jack boxes now or something?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 9, 2012, 04:51 PM

We got rid of Schwinden.

I don't think I've ever eaten cracker jacks in my life, is that weird?

Forum Links
Forum Rules