Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 17 " PB startup sound

17 " PB startup sound
edr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 17, 2003, 01:26 AM

new 1.33 ghz PB owner here. liking the machine a lot so far but the startup sound doesn't sound as clear as the one on my old pismo. any comments on that?

ed

machem
Forum Regular
Nov 17, 2003, 01:35 AM

You are used to the tinny sound of the Pismo's speakers. The 17" is actually fuller, so it sounds strange. Compare music output from the two of them (if you still have the Pis) and you will see what I mean.

HTH
1.25GHz 1024M SD 15" AlBook

edr  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 17, 2003, 01:43 AM

hi machem. thanks for the reply.

you may be right. i pride myself a bit on hearing well. i work at a video postproduction house as an online editor. i thought what i was hearing was distortion. i noticed that the volume is turned up near all the way, in order to hear certain other sounds. maybe the alerts volume is too loud.

ed

Forum Links
Forum Rules