Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Dock Extras

Dock Extras
RoBrak
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 3, 2001, 10:24 PM

I have been told that to get a System Prefs icon i.e. Sounds, into the dock, you have to make a Dock Extra for the item. How does one go about this? If you drag a System Prefs icon onto the dock, nothing happens.

RB

DV
Forum Regular
Apr 4, 2001, 12:01 AM

That bugged me too. I'm always twiddling with the volume control-- I never switch my monitor resolution. Wouldn't it be logical (and I would think easier) to make a docklet for volume rather than monitor resolution first?

Hopefully by the next update they'll have one done for the sound. But their priorities annoy me.

Dallas

------------------
Click www.dallasvaughan.com for a good time </cheap_hits_generator>

Samwise97
Apr 4, 2001, 12:19 AM

Actually, a few people have created volume Docklings already that are quite nice and functional (and free!). Check out the apps section at http://osx.hyperjeff.net (you can arrange a list of apps by letter) or search http://www.versiontracker.com for DVolume. Download, drag onto the Dock and there you go!

[This message has been edited by Samwise97 (edited 04-04-2001).]

Forum Links
Forum Rules