Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: 30GB White iPod w/ Video 5G, Apple iSight, iBook G3 600Mhz 640MB 40GB

FS: 30GB White iPod w/ Video 5G, Apple iSight, iBook G3 600Mhz 640MB 40GB
All4Sky
Jul 24, 2007, 12:19 PM

Some stuff for sale:

30GB iPod w/ Video (White 5th Generation)
iPod is in good condition, the screen has always had a protector installed. Latest firmware installed as well. Also included is a white/blue sumo folio type leather case with belt clip, and the Apple Remote w/ FM radio accessory.
All in perfect working order.
$ SOLD

Original Apple iSight (Firewire Webcam)
I could not find the box (I hate when this happens!), so I am selling just the iSight with the magnetic stand and white firewire cable. The box had all the other accessories but for the life of me I have not idea where it is. I used this with my iMac G5 before I sold it. The magnetic base is perfect for the iMac G5s and Apple Cinema Displays. Works perfectly.
$ SOLD, THANK YOU MACNN

iBook G3 (White Dual USB) 600Mhz, 640MB RAM, 40GB Hard Drive, Combo DVD-ROM/CD-RW Drive, Airport
This was my trusty iBook before I bought my current MacBook. It has NEVER failed me! I over-clocked this using a guide found on the net and it is rock solid. I upgraded the ram to the max, and hard drive to 40GB. Airport card is installed and has been working great. This machine is still great for surfing the web, emails, etc. I actually use it for web surfing/email when my MacBook is busy encoding videos. Everything about this laptop is in perfect working order, and the battery holds a great charge (close to 2hrs).
$ SOLD

All the prices above include shipping to the continental USA only. Paypal only for buyer and seller protection. Please send me a PM with any offers or questions! I have sold an AppleTV on this forum and can provide the references, as well as my eBay feedback for those interested. Thanks for looking and have a nice day!
( Last edited by All4Sky; Jul 31, 2007 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Everything sold. Thanks MacNN)
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz 2GB 500GB "Unibody"

All4Sky  (op)
Jul 26, 2007, 01:01 PM

BUMP, and lowered prices. Thanks.

weazbert
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 27, 2007, 01:01 PM

your ibook dosent by chance have 16MB video ram does it?

thanks

All4Sky  (op)
Jul 27, 2007, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by weazbert View Post
your ibook dosent by chance have 16MB video ram does it?

thanks
I am not sure, but I will let you know when I get home from work tonight! Thanks.

audvidsvs
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 27, 2007, 06:02 PM

I sent you a PM this morning about the Ibook,please read it.

All4Sky  (op)
Jul 27, 2007, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by audvidsvs View Post
I sent you a PM this morning about the Ibook,please read it.
Got your pm, but I'm really busy at work. I will give you a call on the way home. Thanks!

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 29, 2007, 07:42 PM

Want to trade the iBook for a Power Mac G4? http://forums.macnn.com/59/marketpla...ac-g4-imac-g3/

All4Sky  (op)
Jul 30, 2007, 02:33 AM

Still have the iPod for sale, send me offers! Thanks

Chito
Senior User
Jul 31, 2007, 09:22 AM

I've still got those SATA drives, enclosure and card if you're interested.
thanks
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

All4Sky  (op)
Jul 31, 2007, 12:51 PM

Alright guys, I really need to get this iPod out of here so I'm lowering to $140 shipped before It hits eBay. Here are some pictures:

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

All4Sky  (op)
Jul 31, 2007, 05:00 PM

iPod is now sold. Thanks once again MacNN.

audvidsvs
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 7, 2007, 08:00 AM

I Spoke about being satisfied too soon.
The Ibook is a 500mhz not a 600mhz AS ADVERTISED.
( Last edited by audvidsvs; Aug 19, 2007 at 05:06 PM. Reason: It seems I was scammed not satisfied as I thought.)

audvidsvs
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 22, 2007, 08:38 PM

I just wanted to follow-up about this Ibook as I was mislead and lied to about it and anyone dealing with this guy later should be able to find this out with a search.

Prior to buying this machine I spoke to the seller to make certain this was NOT a 500mhz Ibook. I had had a 500mhz unit last year and discovered that they have a certain stink problem that I understood was just in the 500's.
I was assured that this 600mhz model as it is advertised neither stiunk nor was a 500mhz machine.

Well guess what? It is a Stinking 500mhz machine and the for sale listing is purely misleading regarding that point.
I am dissapointed and frustrated that I would be lied to so blatantly and I planned on not buying this if it was a smelly 500.

Why is it OK to do this and then act as though it is normal?

Anyway.I played and now I am paying.

Thanks for listening
Ed

davedecay
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 22, 2007, 09:38 PM

You deserve a refund in full, or at the very least a discount.

All4Sky  (op)
Aug 22, 2007, 09:39 PM

I am going to reply to this one time, and one time only to tell my side of the story. Over 2 weeks ago Ed received the iBook and posted on this thread a "good guy" post about me saying he had a great experience and that the iBook was even better than he thought. Obviously that post has now been edited. Yes, it was originally a 500, but as my original post states, I had overclocked it to 600. Ed did ask me if it had a certain odor, and of course I said no, because in all the years I've owned that trusty iBook, i have NEVER smelled what Ed described nor has anyone around me noticed. The ibook even came with 20gb more hard drive space, along with a nice slipcase that was not even mentioned in the Ad. During the transaction I made sure to promptly reply to any of Ed's PMs and questions. I just don't know what I can do about it developing a stink 2 weeks after it has been delivered, when I have never experienced such an odor in the years I owned it. All I can say is I am sorry it developed some sort of "BO" and if anyone has any doubts about me, you can contact any of the other happy buyers I've done business with on this marketplace. Thanks!

audvidsvs
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 22, 2007, 09:47 PM

Thats a load of crap and you know it.
I do not doubt thhat you did not sense the smell.
But you blatantly misrepresented the actual machine for sale.
If anyone else understood that this was a 500mhz machine from your listing and not the 600mhz machine you listed it as I would like to know.

Does it really read as a 500mhz in any way? Or should I have known from your calling it a 600mhz that it was really a 500mhz?!?
Also should I have assumed you were lying when you told me on the phone it was a 600?

When I wrote the initial praise for our deal I had not had a real chance to let the computer warm up and fester annd only then did the smell reveal itself.

The only relevant issue though is the fact that you listed it as one thing and it simply is annother.

All4Sky  (op)
Aug 22, 2007, 10:02 PM

Alright Ed, I know you have had this problem before with another seller, so if you are truly not satisfied about the ibook i sold you, go ahead and send it back and I will refund your money. Thats the best I can do, and you know I have always been polite and professional in all my messages to you from the start. As soon as I get the ibook back with everything it came with (smell or no smell). I will issue a paypal refund. Thanks

audvidsvs
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 23, 2007, 08:07 AM

Well thanks for the offer but I am taking care of this another way.

I can almost beleive that you thought it was clear from your listing that this was not a 600 as it is listed. No where at all is it implied or stated that this is or was a 500.
I insisted on speaking on the phone to as I needed to verify that it was not a 500.
I told you I would take it as long as it was indeed a 600 and not a 500 and we both laughed at the odd fact that the 500's had the stink problem.You said you had not heard of that one but I assured you it was real and I had already had one and would not knowingly get another.

I suppose if you mean that assuring me that this was not a 500 when in fact it is demonstrates your Polite,Professionalism then yes. You did lie to me in a polite,friendly way.

When I said I would buy it as long as it is not a 500 what else could I have meant?

If this is not an example of being taken advantage of............

As I said already I posted here again so others could know what happened. I was out of town and without internet for the time between receiving the ibook and my first PM to you about my discovery that it was not what you claimed.
The fact that you did not know the true hard drive size also tells me you gave this little thought before listing it for sale,but am I supposed to be grateful that it is a bigger drive than you thought and forget about the real facts?

I was not sure I wanted it to go public but after your repeated refusal to admit it or take any responsibility or offer any remedy I decided to post here.

It seems clear that you still seem somehow "put out" that I would be upset over this.
This is exactly why I posted.
You have only helped validate my instincts with your response here.

nate13
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 29, 2007, 12:50 AM

well, if you are unsatisfied with the ibook, i would gladly buy it from you . i had a 500 MHz for 4 years before it died, and never smelt anything. and if i really cant deal with it, i can gift it to my siblings who would gladly put up with a little smell for the internet in their room! feel free to send me a PM!

davedecay
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 29, 2007, 01:07 AM

I know the smell he is talking about. Do a web search, it's a documented odor.
A Stinky Old iBook that Smells Like Sweat
ibook smells like B.O./

nate13
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 29, 2007, 01:19 AM

well, then this book would be perfect for me, i have a disassembled ibook of the same era, that doesnt have that smell. please shoot me a PM back.

audvidsvs
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 29, 2007, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by davedecay View Post
I know the smell he is talking about. Do a web search, it's a documented odor.
A Stinky Old iBook that Smells Like Sweat
ibook smells like B.O./
I wasn't making it up or dreaming!
If you have experienced it you will remember it.
The first one I got for a friends daughter just entering college. She couldn't deal with it and you really could smell it when you walked into a room it was in.
I found a newer keyboard that was stink-free and she has been happy ever since.

I received and installed today a new keyboard for this one annd all seems better for now.

I am fairly certain that if there is someone who can not smell it......I am glad not to smell them!

Forum Links
Forum Rules