Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > replacing internal antenna on Ti PB 12"

replacing internal antenna on Ti PB 12"
caleach
Forum Regular
Nov 11, 2010, 03:36 PM

I have an old 12" Titanium PB that needs a new internal WiFi antenna. I purchased one from PowerBook Medic yet can't find any instructional videos to help me install it. I find a lot of general fix it videos but none for the antenna. Before I return it I thought I would try here to see if anyone has a link/idea.

Thanks for any help.

Steve

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 11, 2010, 04:29 PM

One of these should sort you out. I warn you, its a really crappy job to have to do. A real pain.

Installing PowerBook G4 Aluminum 12" 1-1.5 GHz Antenna Board and Cables - iFixit

Installing PowerBook G4 Aluminum 12" 867 MHz Antenna Board and Cables - iFixit

For the record, the 12" PBs were all Aluminium. The Titanium machines were all 15". If I guessed wrong and you have the old 15" Ti, then you shouldn't struggle to follow where the cable goes. Getting the logic board out of the way on those is a pain too though. iFixit do have guides for them as well.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

caleach  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 11, 2010, 07:29 PM

Thanks for the links and I;ll check them out. The computer has been a good one but is not used any more so I really don't have anything to lose. I've already replaced the HD in this unit and boy was that a pain. Way too many screws to take out and keep track of, but it worked. I'll post my results.

Steve

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 15, 2010, 05:59 AM

Yes, working on these is a nightmare. But if you thought the HDD was bad...... Well, you have been warned.

I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Forum Links
Forum Rules