Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Cannot Send Mail - AOL account SMTP error? Please Help!

View Poll Results: Did you find this post helpful
Poll Options:
Yes 0 votes (0%)
No 1 votes (100.00%)
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
Cannot Send Mail - AOL account SMTP error? Please Help!
hpatel13
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 15, 2012, 07:50 PM

This request was originally posted by Quinnrobot. It's too late to comment on this ticket but I saw lots of folks were commented and finally there is no way I can update that ticket. I had same issue and It fixes it by deleting and adding same account again. Try that if you are still having issue.

Quinnrobot
Fresh-Faced Recruit

Nov 13, 2008, 10:14 AM

hi everyone,

no doubt this has already been touched on before but i'm new here and not entirely sure where to start with looking!

I've set up my aol account and am successfully receiving emails to my iphone 3G but everytime i try to reply or send a new email im getting the foolowing as an error message.

"Cannot Send Mail. the connection to the outgoing server 'smtp.aol.com' failed."

Has anyone got enough experience to help out somebody as helpless as me, i've had a look through the settings but not sure what to change before ruining what i can do!!

Many thanks in advance!

Quinn

Forum Links
Forum Rules