Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Do you hate packing for trips ?

Do you hate packing for trips ?
turtle777
Clinically Insane
Mar 26, 2006, 11:16 PM

Well, here it is again, the dreaded evening before I have to go on a business trip.
I hate to pack, and as usual, I just leave it to the very last moment. I keep wasting time with many things, just not packing my suitcase. *sigh*

Anyone else who hates packing for trips ?

-t

macroy
Mac Elite
Mar 26, 2006, 11:29 PM

For vacation/pleasure - packing doesn't really bother me. For business - it annoys me because of the business attire I need to worry about. However, in either case, I hate the thought of having to lug around luggage. I hate to being tied to my bags (especially if traveling alone)....

My biggest PITA is traveling with my golf bag. No only is it a pain to carry around, you risk having your golf trip ruined if the airlines lose/damage it (hasn't happened yet - knock on wood). I do have this really nice golf bag called club glove... it allows you to carry not only your golf stuff.. but also be able to pack a bunch of clothes. Sounds great, except the last time I tried to check that thing in... it was overweight. Something that never occured to me. I guess the touring professionals have no problems paying extra.

And that's another thing that bugs me.... why can't the airlines do "total" weight allowed per person vs weight for each bag? I can't check in a 60lb bag (without paying extra)... but someone else can check in 2 50lb bags without paying any extra. Doesn't make sense to me .

turtle777  (op)
Clinically Insane
Mar 26, 2006, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by macroy
For vacation/pleasure - packing doesn't really bother me. For business - it annoys me because of the business attire I need to worry about.
My thoughts exactly. I hate to be limited to what I bring. But I don't want to bring a big suitcase either, gotta be carry-on. Aaaargh, and those wrinkled shirts, big PITA...

Originally Posted by macroy
And that's another thing that bugs me.... why can't the airlines do "total" weight allowed per person vs weight for each bag? I can't check in a 60lb bag (without paying extra)... but someone else can check in 2 50lb bags without paying any extra. Doesn't make sense to me .
Well, due to my frequent flier status, I can bring 2 * 70 lbs. That's usually enough, no matter if one or two pieces.

On a side note: WTF am I still doing at MacNN. I gotta get that darned suiter packed...

-t

turtle777  (op)
Clinically Insane
Mar 26, 2006, 11:41 PM

I shouldn't have made that cocktail with 6 ounces of rum.

Now packing is even more pain. Ah, whatever...

-t

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Mar 26, 2006, 11:42 PM

no- i love it.

turtle777  (op)
Clinically Insane
Mar 26, 2006, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by KeriVit
no- i love it.
Wanna come over and help ?

-t

phantomdragonz
Mac Elite
Mar 26, 2006, 11:51 PM

I am packing right now to go on my week long spring break trip... a trip I have been planning for like 8 months... and have been looking foreward to since last spring break...

I am going on my annual trip to Moab for 4 wheeling, this will be our third year!

so I am excited to pack.... but I have A LOT to pack...

tools, computers (homework), bags, tools, recovery gear, oils and such... VERY heavy...

and I JUST finished my engine swap last friday.. so i will be going on my trip with an un-proven engine...

should be fun...

Oh, and yes I like to pack, usually does not take me long, I always pack so I can carry it on...
Zach

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 27, 2006, 05:34 PM

I don't mind the packing, that is the fun time looking forward to the upcoming trip. It's the unpacking that isn't any fun a let down. Just like after Christmas, an unhappy time taking down the decorations.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

ambush
Banned
Mar 27, 2006, 06:38 PM

i hate asking myself -- how many condoms.
so i buy a family pack at costco

Monique
Mac Elite
Mar 27, 2006, 06:47 PM

No I do not mind there are worse things in this world then packing for a trip.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 27, 2006, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Monique
No I do not mind there are worse things in this world then packing for a trip.
Sure, there's worse things, but I am forcing myself to pack today because if I don't, I know I'll be doing it Thursday morning a half an hour before my flight leaves. So yeah, I'm not a fan of pscking either
Nemo me impune lacesset

Monique
Mac Elite
Mar 28, 2006, 02:41 PM

I often forget things when I traveled; I should make list then maybe I would not. When I went to Paris I forgot my little clock then I did not know what time I got up and never will I do that.

cpt kangarooski
Mac Elite
Mar 28, 2006, 03:08 PM

Yes, but then I also hate trips. Where would I ever want to go, given that I'm already here?
--
This and all my other posts are hereby in the public domain. I am a lawyer. But I'm not your lawyer, and this isn't legal advice.

turtle777  (op)
Clinically Insane
Apr 17, 2006, 11:44 PM

*sigh*

Next trip tomorrow. Still hate packing.

-t

Mac Elite
Apr 17, 2006, 11:59 PM

I'm starting to hate it. All the little things.. all the decisions. What to bring, what not to bring. Sigh..

turtle777  (op)
Clinically Insane
Apr 18, 2006, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by 11011001
I'm starting to hate it. All the little things.. all the decisions. What to bring, what not to bring. Sigh..
Yeah. And then, in the end, you still forget the most important things. Last week, when going to France, I forgot my boxer shorts

-t

Forum Links
Forum Rules