Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Pismo refuses to boot up!

Pismo refuses to boot up!
laieboy
Forum Regular
Nov 16, 2003, 07:52 PM

Just as my Pismo is booting up I get a notice saying that I have to restart the machine. I can't even boot off of start up CD. It was working fine with Panther until this just started happening. Any suggestions? I've been re-starting the machine all morning!! Thanks all!
Mac Pro 3.2 GHz Dual-Quad Core • iMac 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo • MacBook Pro 15" 2.0 GHz i7 Quad Core

zos
Forum Regular
Nov 16, 2003, 11:51 PM

Have you tried unplugging all peripherals before booting? If that doesn't work, try removing the optical drive bay, then move on to the battery while plugged in.

The message you're seeing means you have had a kernel panic. Do some forum searching if you want to know more about kernel panics, they're somewhat common, though usually happen during use and not while booting up.

laieboy  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 17, 2003, 01:45 AM

Just tried it with the optical bay and battery removed but still getting kernel panics when starting up. Any other ideas? Thanks.
Mac Pro 3.2 GHz Dual-Quad Core • iMac 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo • MacBook Pro 15" 2.0 GHz i7 Quad Core

laieboy  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 17, 2003, 01:55 AM

Tried resetting the PRAM, PMU and NVRAM, still nothing.

Forum Links
Forum Rules