Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > battery for 500 MHz white ibook

battery for 500 MHz white ibook
MAlan
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 24, 2004, 10:36 PM

I want to replace my old battery in my 500 MHz white ibook. Can I buy the battery off of the Apple website here?

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...5.10.3.14.13.0

I don't see a part number on the apple website to compare my current battery with.

I found a battery here.

http://store.l-f-l.com/cgi-bin/cp-ap...od&ref=M8433GB

but it is $10 more and might be lower power. One of the mac genius's at the apple store told me one day that the newer 12" ibook batteries with higher power will work with the older ibooks...but I didn't get a part number for that battery on that day.

Could someone shed some light on this situation for me?

Thanks

MAlan  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 25, 2004, 10:12 PM

I'm pretty sure I can buy the battery from the Apple store. I just was wondering if anyone knew for sure that I could do it.

ccsccs7
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 26, 2004, 03:36 AM

The new batteries are compatible with the older iBooks (Dual USB (white), that is). The only thing you need to look out for is what size it's intended for. A 14" battery will [b]not[/b. work with a 12" iBook.

Oh, I'm using one right now. The only incompatiblity I have is in the color. (It's too white.) A plus, though, is that it has more power!
12" Powerbook 1.5GHz/SuperDrive, 1.25GB Ram, 80GB HD, Airport Extreme, Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger
iBook (Late 2001)600MHz/Combo, 640MB RAM, 20GB HD, Airport, Mac OS X 10.3.9 Panther — web server

MAlan  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 26, 2004, 12:20 PM

Thanks a lot. I just needed some verification. I'll order right away!

MAlan  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 26, 2004, 02:24 PM

I have a new problem. I want to buy this battery from Apple but they won't ship it for 3-5 weeks. Part no. is M9337G/A according to Apple's web site. This battery should be slightly more powerful than the original battery. I want to know if any one has bought a battery from this place.

http://www.ebatts.com/product.asp?pa...CID=C10847x008

The part is a 'hi capacity' brand battery. It is supposed to be 100% OEM compatible. Has anyone bought this battery and used it? Is it exactly as good as the Apple battery or is it worse in some way?

Forum Links
Forum Rules