Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > iBeatles

iBeatles
Pendergast
Mac Elite
Oct 8, 2005, 05:48 PM

OK.

That is a wild idea, but I am venturing that Apple and The Beatles made Eternal Peace.
The iPod Beatles, iBeatles, will be announced on October 12.

With the whole discography, exclusive to iTunes.

What do you think?
"Criticism is a misconception: we must read not to understand others but to understand ourselves.”

Emile M. Cioran

Agasthya
Professional Poster
Oct 8, 2005, 06:10 PM

No. Why would the group stop suing? It is free money.

Pendergast  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 8, 2005, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Agasthya
Good point.

But what if the bugs had the fruit by the seeds and were squeezing feverishly as if there were no tomorrow?
"Criticism is a misconception: we must read not to understand others but to understand ourselves.”

Emile M. Cioran

LaGow
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 8, 2005, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Agasthya
As free as issuing their catalog of songs on iTunes. Songs produced and paid for 40 years ago a million times over.

Nodnarb
Mac Elite
Oct 8, 2005, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by LaGow
As free as issuing their catalog of songs on iTunes. Songs produced and paid for 40 years ago a million times over.
Exactly. Tons of people would buy the complete Beatles set or iPod Beatle. At least way more than the U2 and Harry Potter iPod/Complete Sets.

However, I do not think that is what the October 12th event is about, although I do think it will eventually happen.

LaGow
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 8, 2005, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Nodnarb
Exactly. Tons of people would buy the complete Beatles set or iPod Beatle. At least way more than the U2 and Harry Potter iPod/Complete Sets.

However, I do not think that is what the October 12th event is about, although I do think it will eventually happen.
Don't count on it. Yoko exists in her own little bizarro world, Paul can be very stubborn--probably through years of listening to his late wife's father, Lee Eastman, a very astute entertainment lawyer--and Ringo probably doesn't care. The Harrison estate's a bit of a mystery, as far as I can tell. One thing that certainly has been true over the years is that Apple Corps has had absolutely nothing to do but sue. It would be nice if they would wake up and figure out that maybe this iTunes thing might ultimately bring in more cash in a much shorter period than their endless lawsuit strategy. Dinosaurs, man. There's no changing them.

Rob van dam
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 9, 2005, 12:09 AM

What are people's thoughts on the beatles dropping the lawsuit and paul joins the apple's board of directors and the start the apple record comapny
Apple an innovator in a world of Immitators.
And thats the bottom line!!!!!!!!!

brapper
Professional Poster
Oct 9, 2005, 12:34 AM

Anyway...
Has anyone bought the new McCartney "CD." It's one of those copy-protected things, and I haven't bought it because I'm not sure it'll work.

Nodnarb
Mac Elite
Oct 9, 2005, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by LaGow
It would be nice if they would wake up and figure out that maybe this iTunes thing might ultimately bring in more cash in a much shorter period than their endless lawsuit strategy. Dinosaurs, man. There's no changing them.
That's what I'm hoping to eventually happen.

LaGow
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 9, 2005, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Rob van dam
What are people's thoughts on the beatles dropping the lawsuit and paul joins the apple's board of directors and the start the apple record comapny
Paul would have to get Yoko Ono, Olivia Harrison (presumably), and Ringo to agree. Also, what other boards does Paul sit on? Does he bring anything to the table from a strategic standpoint? I wonder if sitting Neil Aspinall on the Apple board might make a better choice. It might give him something better to do other than sitting around the Apple Corps offices checking on the lawsuits.

m a d r a
Mac Elite
Oct 10, 2005, 08:13 AM

what's it got to do wi the beatles? doesn't non-paedophile michael jackson own most of their back catalogue, anyway?

lavar78
Professional Poster
Oct 10, 2005, 08:30 AM

Michael Jackson has publishing rights to a lot of Beatles songs, but that shouldn't be relevant. Apple and Capitol control the recording rights. See here.

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

Forum Links
Forum Rules