Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Firefox or Safari Displaying Microsoft Outlook Web Access

Firefox or Safari Displaying Microsoft Outlook Web Access
PHYMAC
Forum Regular
Feb 19, 2007, 12:33 PM

Hello everyone,

I got my parents to switch to a Mac and for the most part they are happy, but the one frustrating thing for my mother is that when she checks her work email from home, which uses Microsoft Outlook Web Access, it is not displayed like it used to be on our PC. It seems to be a very simplified version, without certain capabilities like being able to change fonts and bold. Also the way it is displayed is 2 coluimns as opposed to how it was with 3 columns.

I have heard of a certain plugin for browsers to mirror IE, but it didn't seem to help. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Cold Warrior
Feb 19, 2007, 12:35 PM

Maybe OWA relies on ActiveX

ghporter
Administrator
Feb 19, 2007, 04:06 PM

No, OWA (as a whole) does NOT depend on ActiveX. I can check my school mail from home on either a PC or a Mac and it looks exactly the same. However, that does not mean that the business not a) using a different version or implementation of OWA, or b) that Mom has the right URL for the full-blown implementation. If the URL she's using is EXACTLY the same on the PC and the Mac, then it sounds like time to have her talk to her IT people to find out what's up.

For what it's worth, when I log into OWA from a wired school computer, I get a completely different interface than the one I get from home-and it IS the same URL each time.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Art Vandelay
Professional Poster
Feb 19, 2007, 04:42 PM

OWA (the recent versions anyway) is displayed one way in IE and another way in non-IE browsers. It looks and behaves similarly to Outlook when using IE.
Vandelay Industries

Forum Links
Forum Rules