Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Does iPhone sync OTA to .mac?

Does iPhone sync OTA to .mac?
iomatic
Mac Elite
Jul 6, 2007, 01:50 PM

Like the thread asks, does the iPhone sync directly to .mac (bypassing a computer)?

Thanks.

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 6, 2007, 01:56 PM

No.

surferboy
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 9, 2007, 12:33 PM

I still can't believe the iPhone does not have this yet. I bought it knowing that as of now, it is not possible, but assuming that either .Mac and Leopard or some third party would make it happen.

If Apple truly does not facilitate this, one can only conclude that the iPhone was conceived of as an expensive toyish phone with no hope to penetrate the corporate market.

I am still assuming that this will not be the case. But, I'd like to make our voices heard, so that Apple hears us. I have been looking for a suitable forum. Anyone want to set up a poll here?

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 9, 2007, 12:44 PM

Well, it's clear that Apple has a lot more planned for the iPhone than what we have now. While they finished up the iPod app and Safari fairly well (aside from some stability problems and minor feature additions), there are aspects of the software that are clearly just the minimum that Apple thought they needed to do. There's no question that Apple could do something like this. The question is whether they want to, and even if they want to, what their priorities are for implementing future features.

surferboy
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 9, 2007, 01:01 PM

I think you definitely correct. I think it's just a matter of priority, time or both. I started a poll on this in another thread.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 9, 2007, 02:01 PM

Steve also specifically mentioned a lot of new things coming for .Mac in the near future. I am almost positive that some of those new things will be iPhone related. .Mac definitely needs some attention, and I can't wait to see what they're going to do.

iomatic  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 9, 2008, 07:42 PM

icruise called it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules