Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Adapter for a PS2?

Adapter for a PS2?
Saramin
Forum Regular
Oct 23, 2004, 05:18 PM

I'm not really sure what forum to post this in, but I figure this is close enough. I'm looking to pick up one of the new slim PS Two models that were announced a couple weeks ago and thought I'd capitalize on the new portability factor by buying an adapter that would let me use the screen of my 12" Rev C PB as a display for playing games. I'm kind of clueless as to whether I can do this with my particular video card, etc.. Anyone have any experience with similar endeavors?

dwood
Forum Regular
Oct 23, 2004, 06:43 PM

big negative on that, sony should sell a smaller screen tho, the one for the PSone was like $99
Powerbook G4 12" 1.5/100gb/768/SD/APX
MacMini goodness... want one? http://tinyurl.com/4dww8

Ruahrc
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 24, 2004, 06:38 AM

Yeah I don't believe there is any type of video-input capability on any PB. There is no connector for it, at least.

That said, is there a such a thing as a video-input PCMCIA card for 15' and 17" powerbooks?

Ruahrc

kalani79
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 24, 2004, 05:41 PM

ATI made an external TV tuner card thing that goes into the USB port on PCs. It had RCA audio and video in jacks and a coaxial input. With this you could use a laptop screen to play any console games. It's not compatible with Mac, but maybe there's another similar product that is.

CubeWannaB
Forum Regular
Oct 25, 2004, 11:49 AM

I've been looking into the same thing, oddly enough. The only thing I've found so far is the EyeTV.

http://www.elgato.com/

Forum Links
Forum Rules