Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > HELP~!!some image shows question mark?

HELP~!!some image shows question mark?
maphro
Apr 19, 2005, 10:28 PM

Hi,

I am new to this digital world.. my 12" PowerBook is only a month old...

I don't know if you have the same problem as I am having... sometimes..when I am browsing websites..there are images that does not show..it just presents itself as a question mark.. I have been looking around on this forum and online...I just can't figure out what software or downloads that I need to make these images viewable..

can you help me?

thank you....

Hi I'm Ben
Mac Elite
Apr 19, 2005, 10:29 PM

lol poor guy. It means the images are broken links. similiar to the box with the red X you might have seen on windows. It's nothing mac specific, you can't view those images, they don't exist.

maphro  (op)
Apr 19, 2005, 10:32 PM

=(

thanks...

Ratm
Mac Elite
Apr 20, 2005, 12:08 PM

Can you post a link? And don't feel too bad, it happens to everyone its called being a newbie My mother and father are only now learning about OS X.

maphro  (op)
Apr 21, 2005, 01:47 AM

here is one example..I have at hand.. I can only see one image..in this link.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=12358351

I have many other encounters in dpreview, where everyone was commenting on a nice image I just could not see.. I don't like miss out on good pictures..

I remember one other time was when I print out a tax form..and the logo did not show..

and few other encounters on other web sites...where their product images do not show.. --I was looking for a pano head.

my friends and my brother does not understand why I use Apple computer.... I actually had a phone fight with my brother in getting this Power Book... ....they are window/pc people.. they feel Apple is limited..in many ways.. I just find windows 10 times harder to use....plus, the computers look dull. mac was easier to learn..and fun to play with---cute design..

please excuse my Enlgish..I might have misused some words...but you get the idea..=)

badidea
Professional Poster
Apr 21, 2005, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by maphro
here is one example..I have at hand.. I can only see one image..in this link.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=12358351
I am on Windows right now and can also only see 1 image (the others have a weird red X )!
The problem seems to be that the site where the images are located does not allow cross-linking (or what ever you call that) - you have to copy the URL and paste in into a new window and the images should work!

copy and paste url -> http://photos1.blogger.com/img/146/3.../tararidge.jpg

edit: the third image from your link does indeed not exist anymore!

maphro  (op)
Apr 21, 2005, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by badidea
I am on Windows right now and can also only see 1 image (the others have a weird red X )!
The problem seems to be that the site where the images are located does not allow cross-linking (or what ever you call that) - you have to copy the URL and paste in into a new window and the images should work!

copy and paste url -> http://photos1.blogger.com/img/146/3.../tararidge.jpg

edit: the third image from your link does indeed not exist anymore!

AH~~~I got it~!! I can see them now~=) I clicked on the new window link... and I had to hit enter again..so they would show..=)

Thanks plenty~~!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules