Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The best

View Poll Results: The best
Poll Options:
God 2 votes (11.76%)
Regular Jesus 1 votes (5.88%)
Baby Jesus 2 votes (11.76%)
Jewish God 1 votes (5.88%)
Buddha 5 votes (29.41%)
Muhammad 1 votes (5.88%)
Scientology thing 1 votes (5.88%)
Flying Spaghetti Monster 7 votes (41.18%)
Cthulhu (or another Ancient One) 0 votes (0%)
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll
The best (Page 2)
besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 9, 2011, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
No, I am asking you to act your age and put a halt to your passive aggressive attacks on people. You're the one calling people names.
For the last time, you are not MacNN's protectorate, other members can speak for themselves and deal with me on their own, okay? **** off.

Cthulhu
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2011, 05:59 PM

The poll is a little vague. Do you mean which do I prefer in my sandwich?

Railroader
Banned
Aug 9, 2011, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
For the last time, you are not MacNN's protectorate, other members can speak for themselves and deal with me on their own, okay? **** off.
Really? Is that what you are reduced to? Profanity?

I guess when you don't have anything intelligent to say you'll resort to vulgarity.

And see how easy it was fro you to raise up from the passive aggressive to the downright aggressive? Now just drop down to non-aggressive and we're all winners.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 9, 2011, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
Love how the Holy Trinity has been expanded: God the Father, God the Spirit, God the Son, God the Baby Son
There is definitely further room for product diversification here. This is MacNN so I propose the following:

JesusPhone, JesusPod Touch and JesusPad.

GodBook Air, GodBook Pro, God Mini, iGod and God Pro. Sadly the GodServe has been discontinued.....
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 9, 2011, 08:18 PM

FSM pwns all. Fo shizzle.

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
Love how the Holy Trinity has been expanded: God the Father, God the Spirit, God the Son, God the Baby Son
Dissing on Baby Jesus makes Ricky Bobby mad.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 9, 2011, 08:24 PM

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 9, 2011, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
FSM pwns all. Fo shizzle.
Added.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 9, 2011, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Added.

Thanks, if you want you can add my vote for FSM.

You can't really do much when you are blinded by his noodley appendage, or just in awe of it.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 9, 2011, 08:58 PM

I don't understand why the mods tolerate lame threads like this, but ban the infinitely more entertaining Rob. Doesn't make sense. Add it to the list of reasons why 'NN is going to obscurity hell.

-t

Cold Warrior
Aug 9, 2011, 09:42 PM

We don't need to harangue another member on a personal crusade with accusations of trolling or stalking. I don't see why this thread has garnered such a reaction. My suggestion is to ignore it. There are lots of other threads to choose from, at least until the great moderator conspiracy bans the handful of interesting members we have left.

Demonhood
Administrator
Aug 9, 2011, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
I don't understand why the mods tolerate lame threads like this, but ban the infinitely more entertaining Rob. Doesn't make sense. Add it to the list of reasons why 'NN is going to obscurity hell.

-t
Threads aren't born lame, they just become lame when people get involved.
If someone finds a thread lame, why post in it?
If you have a beef with the thread starter, address them in a direct manner.
If you are offended by a thread, report it.
It's not really that difficult.

And I think everyone is forgetting the important thing here: That Cthulhu awoke after years of slumber just to post in this thread.

Railroader
Banned
Aug 9, 2011, 09:53 PM

-t
You nailed it. As much as us longtime members try to save it we just keep running into opposition. I think they want it to go the way of the fuzzywombat.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 9, 2011, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Demonhood View Post
I'm starting to think Railroader really is stalking besson3c.

Railroader
Banned
Aug 9, 2011, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by lpkmckenna View Post
I'm starting to think Railroader really is stalking besson3c.
That's rich coming from you.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 9, 2011, 10:43 PM

-t
I refuse to invest thought and time into providing the same information for the usual suspects for the 17th time, so I refuse to actually discuss the topic `round here. So, I do something constructive instead, like chat with authors of compelling works of fiction and non-fiction, or host online workshops for people interested in western mysticism or practical occultism. It's all much more rewarding because I get to avoid the trolls and get direct access to people who genuinely want to learn.
- Thomas Paine

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 9, 2011, 10:51 PM

And I think everyone is forgetting the important thing here: That Cthulhu awoke after years of slumber just to post in this thread.

Yeah, I don't understand why tho sort of thing is difficult, and this goes for any thread started by anybody. Not every thread is going to be appealing, unlame, whatever. No biggy.

Maybe MacNN is going to "obscurity hell" because of people who feel that this place has come an ol' boys network, where there is some threshold of geek social coolness that has to be met to feel welcome?

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 9, 2011, 11:40 PM

That's rich coming from you.
Huh? Who am I stalking?

Railroader
Banned
Aug 9, 2011, 11:48 PM

Some members have an astronomically higher ration of lame to non-lame threads they have started.
I did.

It was clearly a trolling thread so I posted the image I did. Besson then stalked me over to the other relatively serious religion thread that is currently active. He proceeded with profanity and calling me names.

His claiming it was all innocent and just good natured is his usual M.O. If you believe that... I have a bridge, cheap, Nigeria...
I guess I still hold out on the possibility that the moderation would be less of a reactive role and more pro-active one. Do we all need to be bunch of ninnies snitching on each other. If that is what you want, I'll hit the report button.

Railroader
Banned
Aug 9, 2011, 11:49 PM

Huh? Who am I stalking?
Every religious person on here.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 10, 2011, 12:13 AM

Some members have an astronomically higher ration of lame to non-lame threads they have started.
Ignore me.

It was clearly a trolling thread so I posted the image I did.
It wasn't intended to be so, but it wouldn't matter if you would just ignore me.

Besson then stalked me over to the other relatively serious religion thread that is currently active. He proceeded with profanity and calling me names.
You have acknowledged stalking me because you feel that I'm passive aggressive and you want to save the defenseless and shy MacNN membership from me, so own this rationale, rather than just saying that I'm doing exactly what you have been doing. That's lame.

His claiming it was all innocent and just good natured is his usual M.O. If you believe that... I have a bridge, cheap, Nigeria...
At least 90% of all of my non-computer threads and posts in here are good natured and silly. For somebody who has made it their MacNN career to save me from MacNN you'd think you'd be a little more observant?

I guess I still hold out on the possibility that the moderation would be less of a reactive role and more pro-active one. Do we all need to be bunch of ninnies snitching on each other. If that is what you want, I'll hit the report button.
Good luck with your mission by criticizing the mods, that sounds like a great tactic. BTW, I think you mean "sarcastic" and not passive aggressive (I'm not really sure you understand what that term means), but I wouldn't want to circumvent your crusade.
( Last edited by besson3c; Aug 10, 2011 at 12:21 AM. )

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 10, 2011, 12:17 AM

Stalking every religious person on here? Man, that sounds like a tremendous amount of work!

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2011, 02:19 AM

So having discussions with people is now classified as stalking?

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 10, 2011, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
The poll is a little vague. Do you mean which do I prefer in my sandwich?

Would Cthulhu eat flying spaghetti monster too, or just human flesh?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 10, 2011, 03:01 AM

You are right, this thread only became lame when Besson got involved.

Before that, it was quite alright.

-t

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 10, 2011, 04:03 AM

You are right, this thread only became lame when Besson got involved.

Before that, it was quite alright.

-t

Are you this much fun in person?

screener
Senior User
Aug 10, 2011, 04:22 AM

Stalking every religious person on here? Man, that sounds like a tremendous amount of work!
Ah, religious persecution, sad.
Be a man train man and suck it up, quit trying to railroad others.
Arrogant religious types are worse than your regular arrogant ass and the sooner they realize that they may gain the respect of the "godless".
Then again, they don't care what anyone other than what those in the "club" think about them.
So I'll agree with you besson, he can ****off.

screener
Senior User
Aug 10, 2011, 04:27 AM

Are you this much fun in person?
Did the turtle not know this is your thread?
He oughta get that head of his out of the shell and have a look see what he's yappin about.
And no, I don't believe it's possible for him to be much fun in person.
Arrogant, see no bad, read no bad hear no bad are usually lonely miserable unhappy people.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 10, 2011, 07:12 AM

Huh? Who am I stalking?
me

and it's creepy.
ebuddy

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 10, 2011, 11:10 AM

Okay, so you aren't trolling me, but when I say "let's wait and see" that won't do either? Remember what I wrote about the incoherent lack of rationale to what you do? This is it.

It is not your job to decide when I'm being immature or passive aggressive or whatever you come up with, because I really don't give the slightest bit of a shit what you think, because to me you are a ****ing moron.

Is that better? A little less passive aggressive? Now can we stop this? I sure hope so... I don't think anybody else cares about this stupid thing we have going on either, so I'm open to whatever suggestions you have that will get you to just leave me alone. Suggestions that don't have anything to do with my altering my behavior to suit your tastes, because you clearly are unwilling to alter yours, because I don't care about pleasing you, and because you aren't a mod.

Just. Leave. Me. Alone... Please. Follow Doofy's fine example.
I'm not bringing this up as an attack. I like you, so I don't want to attack you.

You are extremely passive-aggressive. I don't know how many posts of yours start with "can't we have a rational discussion?" and don't even get to the end without saying the people you want to have a discussion with are morons (or at least clearly implying it).

As I said. I like you, so I obviously have been tolerating this with little difficulty. I only mention it because there are indicators this isn't really intentional on your part. I often get the feeling you don't realize it.

Edit: I'm serious. I like you a lot.

/emo
( Last edited by subego; Aug 10, 2011 at 11:43 AM. )

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 10, 2011, 12:01 PM

perhaps so, subego. I think we all fall into habits and create perceptions when we want certain things in online discussions or environments like this. Some people are mean/hostile/volatile, some people inject a lot of emotion into discussions and sort of take over accordingly, some try to enforce structure by reminding people of the rules, etc.

I'll keep this in mind and think about all of this.

That being said, no matter what personality I convey, we can't have stalkers in here because they don't care for whichever category a poster falls into (if at all), especially when they have their own undesirable habits (in RR's case, hostility for one). In real life when there is somebody at a party or something you don't care for, you just avoid them. Why should it be any different here?

I'm not saying you are suggesting otherwise, nor am I trying to rationalize any particular behavior, but my point is that a huge amount of patience and tolerance of others is necessary to be in a place like this, we can't get into this personal little quests to change other people by haranguing them in a hostile way.

Cold Warrior
Aug 10, 2011, 12:41 PM

On topic, pretty please, with cthulhu on top.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 10, 2011, 01:34 PM

What, does that I mean I can not have cthulhu burried in spaghetti sauce ?

-t

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 10, 2011, 03:11 PM

If you think it isn't lame, yeah!

That was passive aggressive, but I can't resist teasing turtle a little

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2011, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
me

and it's creepy.
Really? So when I post long point-counterpoint responses to your posts, and you respond with long point-counterpoint responses to my posts, and this carries on for days and days, that's me stalking you? Really?

I am quite perplexed. If you could let me know exactly what is bothering you, I'd be glad to knock it off. But you have to tell me about it first.

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2011, 04:16 PM

Really? So when I post long point-counterpoint responses to your posts, and you respond with long point-counterpoint responses to my posts, and this carries on for days and days, that's me stalking you? Really?
You can't spell "stalking" with "talking"

SSharon
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2011, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
There are lots of other threads to choose from, at least until the great moderator conspiracy bans the handful of interesting members we have left.
Are you saying that we all have a finite amount of time here? Is it based on post count? Will I get banned when I hit 5000 posts? Maybe taking away my green stars was really a blessing in disguise . . . and if you can give out blessings why aren't you a poll option?
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 11, 2011, 07:06 AM

I am quite perplexed. If you could let me know exactly what is bothering you, I'd be glad to knock it off. But you have to tell me about it first.
No it's when we're not talking at all, but you take the opportunity to post an article or statement from enter someone mckenna hates here then tag it with "ebuddy's favorite" or when someone else compliments me and you deride me for it or when you single me out for using a word in its commonly-understood context...

Our long posts back and forth, while contentious, are part of the reason I post here. I have no problem talking.

*Edited to include: To be clear, it's not that much of a bother and in some ways it's a compliment. In this case it was simply pertinent because I remember thinking just this week; "Ya know, I think this mckenna's got it out for me." When railroader brought it up, your response seemed to indicate you knew exactly what he was talking about.
( Last edited by ebuddy; Aug 11, 2011 at 07:22 AM. )
ebuddy

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 11, 2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
No it's when we're not talking at all, but you take the opportunity to post an article or statement from enter someone mckenna hates here then tag it with "ebuddy's favorite"...
Ok, I'll stop doing that.

or when someone else compliments me and you deride me for it
I'm not following. Are you talking about the "smackdown" thing from a few days ago? Because really, I just couldn't understand what was impressing those people about your post. And if that is what you're talking about, I don't think I was being derisive to you but rather the cheerleaders.

or when you single me out for using a word in its commonly-understood context...
I'm really not following.

Our long posts back and forth, while contentious, are part of the reason I post here.
Me too. *fist-bump*

When railroader brought it up, your response seemed to indicate you knew exactly what he was talking about.
I really didn't.

Forum Links
Forum Rules