Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > what usb(2.0) hub do you use with your PB?

what usb(2.0) hub do you use with your PB?
vancenase
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 12, 2004, 09:54 AM

i was thinking about getting a USB2.0 hub for use with my powerbook, and i wanted to see what others are currently using. i noticed the usb2.0 minihub thing by kensington at the apple store. anyone use this? or a slim 'normal/full' hub? i need more usb hookups!

thanks!

X-Ray
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 12, 2004, 11:01 AM

I'm using this one from Belkin - Hi-Speed USB 2.0 7-Port Hub __F5U237 . It has two vertical ports that make it easier to plug in my card reader or camera.

teknopimp
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 12, 2004, 12:25 PM

i use the same hub. here's the link:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=158910

i like it. five connections are in the back and out of the way for my 'parked devices' (printer, scanner, ext HD, zip) while the two on top provide easy access for portable stuff like midi keyboard.

haunebu
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 12, 2004, 01:10 PM

I'm thinking about picking up the same hub. There are cheaper alternatives (from D-Link, etc.) but Belkin seems to make quality products and this has a nice design.

Does anyone have anything bad to say about it?

d.fine
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2004, 09:03 AM

I use a Kensington USB 2.0 HUB with 7 connections. I'm happy with it, however I could not find it on the Kensington website
I find the top USB port very handy, for USB sticks and digital camera, and the likes
so I just put a picture of mine ... good luck in your search

edit : picture gone, i found a link

stuffing feathers up your b*tt doesn't make you a chicken.

Leo the 3rd
Jun 14, 2004, 11:48 PM

Same here - using the Belkin 7 port hub. Couldn't beat the price for $29 ($20 rebate, 10% discount).

stevenind
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 4, 2004, 10:58 PM

Originally posted by vancenase:
i was thinking about getting a USB2.0 hub for use with my powerbook, and i wanted to see what others are currently using. i noticed the usb2.0 minihub thing by kensington at the apple store. anyone use this? or a slim 'normal/full' hub? i need more usb hookups!

thanks!
The best USB hub I have ever used is one made by Pertech. It is powered and very well designed. I had lots of weird USB problems with other hubs. Here's their web site to check them out. Pertech USB Hubs

Forum Links
Forum Rules