Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Are we starting to see the second round of 15"PB's?

Are we starting to see the second round of 15"PB's?
jetta_gt
Forum Regular
Oct 21, 2003, 05:46 PM

My personal theory is that the first batch of 15" AlBooks had the usual first batch issues and problems like white spots and funky latch.

Does anyone think we are past that point now, such that new PB's shipping from Apple (retail shouldn't, as the stock could be from the first batch) might be free of these problems?

A simple way to find this out, would be to track serial numbers to see if there are problems with white spots on the most recent serial numbers...

spatterson
Mac Elite
Oct 21, 2003, 07:13 PM

I sure hope that the case of the white spots is over now. I have had my heart set on the 15"PB since last January. Why did I wait? Well who wouldn't want the alu book. Now that its here I can't stop thinking about it. However the case of the white spots stoped me from buying this beautiful machine.

Saleo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 21, 2003, 08:08 PM

Like I've mentione various times
I ordered my powerbook early October and it isn't slated to ship until November. Which leads me to believe their fixing something...

Forum Links
Forum Rules