Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes sharing not working between wired/wireless machines on SAME subnet

iTunes sharing not working between wired/wireless machines on SAME subnet
jetta_gt
Forum Regular
Nov 2, 2003, 01:46 PM

That pretty much sums it up, my home network has a music server that is wired to the LAN, it consists of iTunes sharing my mp3's, when I open iTunes on a wired machine, it pops right up as a shared library, but on my wireless connection, no luck. Again, these machines ARE on the same subnet....

Any advice?

nokq
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 2, 2003, 02:24 PM

Make sure the machines are not running a personal firewall that blocks the sharing ports that iTunes uses. I dont know what these are off the top of my head. I had this problem with a windows machine that I installed iTunes on.

jetta_gt  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 2, 2003, 02:29 PM

Hmm, thanks for the tip, thing is, the wired and wireless machines are actually one in the same! It's my iBook, when it's plugged into the LAN, it works, but when it's wireless, no luck.

jetta_gt  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 2, 2003, 10:51 PM

Has anyone gotten the scenario I described above to work?

Forum Links
Forum Rules