Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Safari cookie issue

Safari cookie issue
Blue Flame
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 4, 2007, 06:14 PM

hey all,

i'm having a problem with a website i frequent. I log in, but if i surf away from the main page or to another site, and come back, I'm logged out again. I'm only having problems with this one site on my desktop. It happens in both Safari and FireFox. I tried it in both browsers on my laptop and it doesn't have any problems.

What could cause this? Cookies are set to be accepted, I've cleared the cookies to restart the process and cleared the cache and neither helped. Cookies behave normally for every other site I use. Is there a temp file or pref file that is corrupted that I need to do something about?

Help, I'm confused

Blue Flame  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 5, 2007, 04:21 PM

nobody has any ideas? this is stumping me completely......

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Jan 5, 2007, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Flame View Post
nobody has any ideas? this is stumping me completely......

i have the same problem with a single site, one that worked fine in my previous powerbook.
contacted them, tried a million things (resetting safari, etc etc) and nothing worked.

so...am watching this thread. still, glad i'm not the only one with this problem...
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

Forum Links
Forum Rules