Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > help with 7.2!!!!!

help with 7.2!!!!!
gee308
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 29, 2002, 11:10 PM

hello, I have only started to use mac since osx, but I'm setting up my friend computer who only has mac os 7.2. Her computer doesn't have a browser, can someone please give some links that have browsers that will work on 7.1 ? I could only find stuff that would work on 8++. Also, I think I'll have problems getting it onto her machine becuase my guess is that her machine can't read burnt CDs. THanks for any info.
Jason

hadocon
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2002, 07:27 PM

Originally posted by gee308:
hello, I have only started to use mac since osx, but I'm setting up my friend computer who only has mac os 7.2. Her computer doesn't have a browser, can someone please give some links that have browsers that will work on 7.1 ? I could only find stuff that would work on 8++. Also, I think I'll have problems getting it onto her machine becuase my guess is that her machine can't read burnt CDs. THanks for any info.
Jason
I think that your guess that her machine can't read burnt CDs is incorrect (unless she has no CD ROM) - I would at least give it a try.

get an old copy of netscape... perhaps version 3 or 4. I am not sure where to find it though. Try google
20+ year MacNN forum member. MacBook Air 11" 1.6Ghz 4GB 128GB Backlit Keyboard, 4S, iPad Mini

fat mac moron
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 30, 2002, 09:38 PM

http://browsers.evolt.org

The definitive web browser archive

Maize-n-Blue
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 31, 2002, 01:55 PM

Originally posted by fat mac moron:
http://browsers.evolt.org

The definitive web browser archive
Ha! This is way cool! I wanna try SurfMonkey, or Santa's Browser.

Good source for us in the software biz, though. Thanks.
"Insert witty saying here..."

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Oct 31, 2002, 07:41 PM

It should be able to read burnt CD-Rs. It probably won't be able to read CD-RW discs. I have a Performa 580 CD and it's 2X CD-ROM drive can read burned discs fine.

Brad

dtriska
Mac Elite
Nov 3, 2002, 09:14 PM

You don't say what type of computer is it, but I'm going to say you should use Navigator 4. 4.0.8 might say you need 7.5 to install, but I had no problem using it on a Mac with 7.1 way back when. Pick either the PPC version or the 68K version depending on the computer. If you don't know the difference, post the computer's name here and we'll tell you which version to download.

Forum Links
Forum Rules