Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Multiple Users(Real Head Breaker)

Multiple Users(Real Head Breaker)
singakutti
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 16, 2001, 06:23 AM

Hi,
I am trying to give access to my application to a new Panel user (Mac OS 9, Multiple Users 1.2.2) . Even though i have given access to that application through Applications tab of Multiple users, when i login as that user and execute the application, i get an error saying "The application Program could not be opened" (you do not have enough access privileges). I have run the same application as a owner and it runs fine.
I dont know what might be the problem. If some one knows any answer please.. Please tell me

I also need an idea for another problem. This same application must be run in other machines also, with the same panel user name and access rights. Is there any way to copy the preferences created in one machine and copy them to the other machines, without needing to give access permissions individually for each and every machine.

Thanks,
Singakutti

_ ______________ _

"Immense power is acquired by assuring yourself in your secret reveries that you were born to control affairs."

--Andrew Carnegie
_ ______________ _
Singakutti
_ _ __________________________________________________ ___ _ _
"Immense power is acquired by assuring yourself in your�
secret reveries that you were born to control affairs." --Andrew Carnegie
_ _ __________________________________________________ __ _ _

Cipher13
Oct 19, 2001, 02:51 AM

You can copy the "Multi-User prefs" and "Multi-User Item" or whatever they're called from the Preferences folder in the System Folder to copy the settings; the "items" is a folder, the "prefs" is a file.

As for your other problem, I'd try trashing the prefs and resetting it under a new account. Or just create a new one, set it, if it works, delete the old one.

Are you sure that while giving permission to open the app, you haven't set an overriding option that would forbid its execution?

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: Cipher13 ]

Forum Links
Forum Rules