Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > HP photosamrt drivers and 10.3

HP photosamrt drivers and 10.3
Toccatexx
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 12, 2003, 01:39 PM

Hello
I have 10.3 on various macs ( powerbook, eMac, iMac) all g4's.

I installed the HP driver a believe was v2.3.5 and the printer appears in the printer selection window on print command, but the printer does not print, as the start jobs does not seem to work. printing fine with other printers: HP laserjet 1300, canon i550.

is the problem that the HP color printer driver is not compatable with 10.3 or I made some sort of installation error?

thanks Tocca

Back up 15 and punt
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 12, 2003, 05:01 PM

Originally posted by Toccatexx:
Hello
I have 10.3 on various macs ( powerbook, eMac, iMac) all g4's.

I installed the HP driver a believe was v2.3.5 and the printer appears in the printer selection window on print command, but the printer does not print, as the start jobs does not seem to work. printing fine with other printers: HP laserjet 1300, canon i550.

is the problem that the HP color printer driver is not compatable with 10.3 or I made some sort of installation error?

thanks Tocca
Its more than likely an HP problem. However, HP recommends that you delete the old driver before installing the new one. This sometimes makes a difference. Try it out and if it still doesn't work call HP.

ratlater
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 13, 2003, 03:49 AM

HP's site says the current photosmart driver only works Jaguar. They are working on Panther photosmart drivers though. Hopefully they'll be out soon.

-matt

Forum Links
Forum Rules