Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iMac update?

iMac update?
Dark_Lotus
Forum Regular
Aug 23, 2006, 08:31 AM

I ordered an iMac a few weeks ago, unfortunetly it had a stuck pixel on the screen and I called apple and after talking with them for a few minutes I got them to send me a new one, so I sent that one back and they said I would have my new one by August 22nd, I looked at the order status today and it said estimated shipped by September 7th. I really cannot see any other reason for a delay besides an update, and Im fine with that. This is extremely weird that I have this kind of 'bad luck'. It happens with almost every computer I buy and every cell phone I buy. I buy a new product that I think will not be outdated for a while, something goes wrong with it and in the process of exchanging it an update comes out and I receive the update. Happened with an ibook, mac mini, and now an iMac and my Sony Ericsson w600i.

sparhawk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 31, 2006, 02:01 PM

Um Dark Lotus that in most realms would be considered good luck. Think how pissed someone would be after spending top dollar to buy a machine only to have an updated/better machine come out in a week . it happens to everybody else all the time so if I were you I would be happy
ibook G4 1.33Ghz 1.25GB Ram Tiger
Power Mac G5 Dual 2.0Ghz 1Gig Ram Tiger
Power Mac G4 500Mhz 512MB Ram Panther
Power book G3 333Mhz 256MB Ram Panther

icibaqu
Forum Regular
Aug 31, 2006, 02:28 PM

can i please contact you when i'm thinking of making my next computer purchase?

Forum Links
Forum Rules