Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Early 2008 MBP - Fan Noise Issue

Early 2008 MBP - Fan Noise Issue
amanmann
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2008, 06:59 PM

I just bought an Early 2008 MBP after the new ones came out. I realized from the first day that there is certain hiss that the right fan makes when i keep my computer at certain positions or when i press and apply pressure at certain spots on the keyboard. Using smcfancontrol i maxed my right fan speed and it starts to make a noise resembling an airplane taking off correlating with the increasing fan speed.. It's not loud but annoying nevertheless when i'm at home and at peace.
Called applecare and they told me to go to an apple store..

Anybody with suggestions or similar problems. And what do you think the people at apple store and going to do with it ??

Thanks

amanmann  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2008, 07:07 PM

MBP config is 2.4, 2GB RAM

Also wanted to know that is it okay to use the smcfancontrol to increase the fan speed and show it to the apple reps at the store.. Or is that not recommended to be used in the first place by apple ?

Forum Links
Forum Rules