Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 12" []DOWERBOOK's dvi doesn't work with 19" lcd help!

12" []DOWERBOOK's dvi doesn't work with 19" lcd help!
damnyooneek
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 28, 2005, 11:17 PM

I bought a 19" lcd with a dvi output but it doesn't work with my 12" powerbook. I have the last 12" powerbook revision with a superdrive so shouldnt it not have a problem connecting? I tried connecting with the regular monitor output and it works fine but it just doesnt detect it when i use the dvi wires. Can someone please help.

ibook_steve
Nov 29, 2005, 02:01 PM

Does the screen flash or do anything when you attach the external display? Best case: simply replace the mini-DVI to DVI dongle. Worst case: something wrong with the DVI connection on your Powerbook or on the display. Try the display with another computer to see if it even works.

Steve

Forum Links
Forum Rules